We are seeking a passionate Middleweight Designer to join Yoke in our new Studio in Frome. If you want to join us on our mission and use your skills for good, then please read on.
We’re a brand and animation studio that helps people and planet. Always have and always will. Crafting brand identities, communicating impact, making information mean more, and sharing stories to inspire positive change.
We are growing our design team at Yoke and are looking for a passionate and motivated designer to join us on our mission. Everything we do has one goal, to make our world a better place. We are a small studio with a team of 4, so there will be a real chance to grow, gain responsibility and learn new skills. Everyday is different, so if you fancy a dynamic role then this could be for you.
With an influx of exciting projects we are looking for someone to join the team in October.
We will be moving into a lovely new studio at https://motorworksfrome.co.uk/ in Jan. We would hope to have you in the studio at least 2 or 3 days a week, the rest could be from home. If you are Bristol based the train is a great option and we can look at the times so your working day is not extended or affected if possible.
What would make you a good fit?
- A believer that communications can make the world a better place
- Proactive with ideas, don’t settle for the easy option
- A strong communicator
- You are confident and happy to work in a small team, no hiding
- Independent when needed
- Have a burning passion to grow as a designer and make a positive change
What will you be working on?
We work on a range of projects falling into 3 main areas, Branding, Design and Animation. This role will focus on the design and brand side of things so a list of possible tasks would be:
- Supporting the team in brand exploration and creation
- Logo design (supported by senior designers)
- Brand toolkit development
- Icon design
- Layout design, digital or print
- Impact report layout
- Sustainability report layout
- Social media asset creation
Required skills Technology and experience
- Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop mandatory
- Junior – Ideally a minimum 1 years experience in a design studio
- Middleweight – Minimum 3 years experience in a design studio
- Understanding of the sector, sustainability and design for change, but we can help nurture your development in this area.
- Work with scriptwriters
- Animation storyboarding
- Animation ideation
- Animation styleframe designs
- Comfortable drawing
- Understanding of the sector, sustainability and design for change
- Film and video editing
- Adobe XD experience for digital design work
Flexible working hours and locations, 26 days holiday, company pension scheme and supported personal development.