We are currently recruiting for start dates throughout the remainder of 2021 and throughout 2022, including January, April, July and September. Additional start dates may also be available and you will be asked to state your availability on your application form.
Please note that most of our new recruits will be based in our Global Headquarters in Cambridge, however we have a small number of opportunities available at our London office.
About the Role
As a Digital Designer at Costello Medical you will be responsible for a wide range of digital projects, from the initial concept development to full production, allowing for real autonomy and creativity. You work closely with internal colleagues and clients to understand the project brief, providing technical insight and guidance where required, and will produce materials to high standards of clarity and presentation.
Examples include the development, maintenance and testing of new and existing website and mobile applications, creation of interactive content for conferences and events, production of animation/video, and creation of digital marketing material. Further examples of our work can be found on our website.
Your initial responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with project managers and clients at the outset of projects to determine the design scope, purpose and strategic approach to be taken
- Clearly communicating project requirements to project teams, providing input on any technical queries as required
- Ensuring that materials are delivered in a timely manner, and on budget, with a key focus on the high quality and professional appearance of all deliverables
- Maintaining exceptional customer service and quality of deliverables under multiple competing demands
We are looking for proactive candidates who will contribute innovative ideas for the development of our digital design service offerings. You will have a great understanding of aesthetics and a meticulous attention to detail. You will also take pride in delivering an excellent service internally to colleagues and externally to clients, and will enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.
This role requires you to have a problem-solving mindset, strong analytical skills, excellent customer service and an enthusiasm for technology and high-quality development. Exceptional organisation and self-motivation, alongside an eagerness to work both independently and collaboratively to find solutions, is a must.
Although no previous experience in the scientific industry is required, we are looking for individuals with a genuine interest in healthcare and an eagerness to learn about new areas of science.
Qualities and experience required include:
- A degree level or higher qualification in a design-related discipline (minimum 2.1).
- We welcome applications from candidates with a diverse range of specialisms
- 3-5 years of professional experience
- Experience with UX/UI design for a wide range of digital channels
- Technical knowledge of email/web/application development or basic coding
- Working knowledge of Sketch, Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Familiarity with other software in the Adobe Creative Suite is advantageous
- Exceptional organisational and time management skills, an excellent level of productivity and the flexibility to respond to changing deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong communication skills and the ability to build robust and sustainable working relationships
What We Offer
The starting salary for the role is up to £30,000. Salary increases are typically awarded after 6 and 12 months and again on promotion, which can be achieved in as little as 12-18 months.
How to Apply
Please submit your application via our online application form. We strongly recommend applying as early as possible so that we can begin processing your application.
You will be required to upload your CV, including a brief PDF portfolio or a link to an online portfolio, and a cover letter explaining why you think you would be suited to the role and why you would like to join Costello Medical. Your CV should clearly state dates of all qualifications and grades achieved where applicable.
We can provide visa sponsorship for eligible candidates for our Digital Designer vacancy. You will be asked to provide details of your right to work in the UK within your application, however this will have no impact on the processing of your application.
Please contact the recruitment team at email@example.com if you have any questions about the role or application process.