At Helical Levity we’ve changed the face of cyber security education for young adults by building an amazing gamified education product which makes learning fun. The product has been used by over 200k students across the world and we’re about to launch our biggest update to it yet. We’re looking for a talented Graphic Designer to work within our marketing team and help them construct visually engaging marketing campaigns for our product and the national programmes it is used in by building amazing collateral for social media, print, merchandise and more.
You’ll be working alongside an ambitious marketing team and under the stewardship of our Chief Creative Officer to create a wide range of digital and print assets for the core CyberStart product brand and a handful of programme brands.
Some examples of the things you could be working on right now:
- Designing merchandise for a CyberStart beta testing group, including coins, t-shirts and much more.
- Designing social media assets using the core CyberStart brand and character illustration library for our product relaunch in September.
Designing engaging information packs for Cyber FastTrack, our programme for US college students.
In general you’ll be:
- Designing and creating a variety of digital assets for use in marketing campaigns, in our products, on our marketing sites and particularly on social media.
- Creating a variety of print assets and physical merchandise across a number of different brands.
- Helping the marketing team come up with creative campaign ideas.
- Getting involved in a variety of other exciting design-led projects.
- Overall this is an amazing opportunity to work as the lead creative in a fast-paced marketing team on a range of exciting brands and campaigns.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
Our ideal candidate will:
- Have a great portfolio which demonstrates the ability to create a wide variety of design work (e.g. visual, print, brand).
- Have the ability to quickly sketch and visualise ideas to create and communicate new concepts.
- Have an excellent working knowledge of Sketch (our preferred design tool), but also Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop.
- Have a good understanding of how to use (and even design) brand guidelines.
- Have the ability to use, adapt and expand an illustration library to build compositions.
- Be a natural problem solver and clear visual communicator, with the ability to take complex information and present it in appealing and understandable ways in a variety of formats to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Be organised, have an excellent attention to detail, and be able to work on multiple varied projects at once.
- Have exceptional communication skills which allow you to discuss your work with a variety of team members, clients and other stakeholders.
- Be a self starter, with a proactive approach to finding new ways to get the most out of our brands, products and businesses.
Benefits and Important Details
We’re looking for someone who holds a solid design education, covering the fundamentals of graphic design. You’ll have 3+ years experience as a graphic designer, ideally in design agencies or product companies. Salary will be between £25,000 – £35,000, dependent on experience.
This will be a full time, permanent role. Most of the team work remotely, but we do have an amazing office in Ascott-under-Wychwood, with onsite gym and a fully stocked drinks fridge, if you prefer an office environment. Either are an option long term. We also offer:
- Private healthcare and free eye tests.
- Flexible working arrangements.
- Fantastic training and development opportunities.
- Regular team ‘get togethers’, which have previously seen us escape from zombies, swing through trees, and construct our own gingerbread empires!
- 28 days holiday plus bank holidays per year.