Frugi is the UK’s bestselling organic childrenswear brand, proving that ethical and organic clothing can be bright, beautiful and successful! The company was born in 2004 and continues to grow at 25% every year, selling through a rapidly expanding network of over 500 stockists in more than 25 countries worldwide.
We strive to be ethical in everything we do, each year donating 1% of our turnover to our Little Clothes BIG Change charity project which includes a children’s charity, the Cornwall Wildlife Trust and an orphanage in India.
In 2019 we partnered with TotsBots with whom we share the same values and principles around ethics and sustainability. Through this partnership we are able to bring the Frugi, TotsBots and Bloom & Nora brands together, expanding our product offering and our team.
We have been awarded 3 Queens Awards, been earmarked by both the Best Companies ‘Ones to Watch’ list and The Sunday Times Fast Track ‘Ones to Watch’ list, received GOLD in the Healthy Workplace Awards for 3 consecutive years, expanded to more than 100 permanent team members with even more joining us for our busy seasons, accelerated our turnover year after year, donated over £720k to charity, and eaten a lot of pasties (and cake!).
We strive to be the most fun, desirable and trusted clothing brand on the planet, but this is only the start of it…
- We’re looking for somebody hugely creative, who really understands what makes great marketing materials, and who can then put it into practice. You need to be able to work from brief and concept through to artwork and production – working with printers and suppliers to produce a high-quality finish.
- You will have good communication skills, the ability to work on and prioritise multiple projects, as well as being proactive in identifying new opportunities to improve Frugi/TotsBots/Bloom & Nora’s marketing materials. Experience in a studio environment would be an advantage, particularly in retail, fashion, or children’s products.
- You’ll be computer literate and super organised with excellent time management skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
Your Role in a Nutshell
You’ll be supporting our growing business and the graphic design team to create fun, innovative and inspirational graphics within the Brand department. Communicating our lovely Frugi/TotsBots/Bloom & Nora brand messages and ethics to the world through digital and printed media.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Act as a creative guardian for the Frugi/TotsBots/Bloom & Nora brands.
- Work with the Creative Brand and wider Marketing Team to design and produce best practice marketing materials.
- Develop relationships with printers and other suppliers to ensure the best price and finish for marketing collateral¬¬¬.
- Assist in designing digital marketing assets – ENewsletters, website banners and Social media posts.
- Assist in creating trade marketing assets to support our wholesale business – Trade lookbooks, visual merchandising guides, sales aids and retailer point of sale.
- Assist in designing printed and digital marketing material – catalogues, flyers, vouchers and adverts.
- Support on event stand design for both Trade & Consumer.
- Attention to detail – ensuring that all design work is completed to brief at a high brand standard and that editing work is professionally executed.
- Self-manage to tight deadlines, knowing when and what to prioritise using the Teams briefing process.
- Represent Frugi/TotsBots/Bloom & Nora products and the brands in a highly creative and professional manner within our Brand guidelines.
- Take art direction from senior creative team members and present a range of design solutions to briefs set.
- Photo editing, resizing, retouching, and colour matching, filing photography from our image library.
- A sound knowledge of Adobe’s Creative Suite (Creative Cloud) in particular Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop.
- Degree level or equivalent education in a relevant subject.
- At least 1 years’ experience in a design industry role.
- Computer literacy with the ability to work on a Mac or PC.
- A comprehensive understanding of design and typography.
- Attention to detail – ensuring that all design work is completed to a high standard and that editing work is professionally executed.
- Detailed knowledge of artworking for print, particularly in InDesign.
- Great communication skills, the ability to follow a brief and confidently present a range of creative solutions.
- Able to self-manage set projects to tight deadlines, knowing when to prioritise.
- Represent Frugi products and brand in a highly creative and professional manner within Frugi brand guidelines.
- Able to take art direction from senior creative team members to present a range of out of the box design solutions.
- Additional skills which would be great to have, but not essential, include:
o Animation experience and use of Adobe CC After Effects
o Video filming, editing, and production experience.
o HTML capability (ideally including XHTML and HTML5)
o Commercial understanding of what constitutes a successful website and online presence.
What’s in it for you?
- We’re offering a full time, permanent contract.
- We’ll invest in you with a competitive salary, circa £18,000 to £20,000 per annum, depending on your skills and experience.
- We’ll support your ongoing professional development with bespoke learning initiatives and training opportunities.
- We offer fabulous career progression – as we grow, you’ll grow too!
- If we have a good year, we’ll share our profits with the team.
- To help save for your future you can join our company pension scheme.
- We’ll give you a whopping 60% discount across our fantastic range.
- We’ll invite you to take part in our award-winning health & wellbeing activities.
- We hold regular team events organised by our very own Frugi Fun Committee.
- We offer a dynamic, innovative and exciting environment to work in.
How to Apply
Send your CV, portfolio (pdf format) and a covering letter stating why you are exactly the right person to join our team. Your covering letter is the perfect opportunity to showcase your personality and understanding of all things Frugi – so go for it!!
Closing date: Friday, 24th September 2021. We’ll be interviewing as we go along, so the role may close earlier than advertised. The early bird catches the worm!
Important: All applicants must have the right to live and work in the UK at the time of submitting your application; unfortunately, Frugi are not licensed to sponsor overseas workers.