The Marketing Design team is one of six groups within The Telegraph’s Design team. Collaborating with other design areas such as Product Design, Visual Storytelling, Editorial Graphics and Video, the Marketing Design team promotes both editorial and subscription initiatives. From conceptual stage through to rollout across multiple channels including in-paper, onsite display, OOH and social, the Marketing Design team covers a wide arrange of projects and initiatives – making sure that the reader is always at the heart of everything we do.
We are looking for a highly creative mid-weight designer to join the Marketing Design team to work in collaboration with the Senior Designers, and reporting to the Art Director. Working closely with a multi-disciplinary team of marketeers, data analysts, CRM specialists and other design areas, the Marketing Design team has a fundamental role to play in helping The Telegraph achieve its subscription target.
You have a passion for brand identities and you know how to turn concepts into beautiful and meaningful visual languages across print, digital and motion graphics. Your role will be to develop beyond expectations the concepts defined with the Senior Designer or the Art Director on the promotional initiatives driven by The Telegraph. You will be responsible for the implementation of the solutions across print and digital.
As part of the Marketing Design team, you will:
- Turn concepts into working campaigns and marketing materials across print and digital
- Be comfortable working on multiple projects and tight deadlines
- Liaise with other designers and stakeholders to deliver creative requirements
- Be a skilled designer who pays great attention to execution/craftsmanship
Guide and advise more junior members of the team, helping them to develop
Essential skills required for the role
As a Mid-weight Designer for the Marketing team, you demonstrate:
- An outstanding portfolio of projects
Significant proven experience within a similar position
- A remarkable understanding of typography
- Have a good understanding of the print and digital production process
- An in-depth working knowledge of Adobe CC (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and After Effects)
- An understanding of motion graphics
- A proactive attitude towards challenges
- The ability to keep commercial objectives and the ‘bigger picture’ in mind when designing
- Ability to multitask and prioritise projects
- A keen eye on current design trends
- Strong communication skills
Additional skills useful for the role
- Experience working in Figma or Sketch
Working knowledge of HTML5 and Adobe Animate
- Understanding of usability and accessibility
What you can expect from The Telegraph if you’re the successful candidate
- Personal and career development opportunities such as communication, soft skills and industry qualifications
- Work within a dynamic team, who challenge the status quo and champion agile working & continuous improvement; adopting the Telegraph’s values – being together, fearless, open-minded and informed – in everything we do
- 25 days’ holiday; rising to 30 days after 3 years’ service, private pension, plus lifestyle, health & wellbeing and financial benefits
- The Telegraph’s goal is to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace and we are committed to building a team that reflects a wide variety of skills, perspectives and backgrounds.
We are an equal opportunities employer, hiring solely on merit and business need. We encourage applications regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood and disability. If you require reasonable adjustments in any recruitment process with us, please make us aware.