Due to unprecedented growth and demand emc design is looking for designers to join our studio. We’re a design agency that transforms content into beautiful and engaging materials that educate and inspire learners around the globe. World-renowned publishers return to us because we have a team of exceptional people who deliver stunning design, technically accurate files, on-budget and to deadline.
We are specifically looking for designers who are self-motivated, enthusiastic, are well organised. And have the ability to work methodically, consistently and quickly on long formatted editorial documents. You don’t necessarily need to have worked in publishing before and we provide on-the-job training. The salary range for this role is intentionally wide, this enables people with a range of experiences to apply as well as provides room for progression within the role.
Key duties of the role include:
- setting up jobs – developing clean, well-structured templates ready to start production;
- formatting text into accurate styles using GREP to facilitate this;
- carrying out corrections to proofs according to editorial mark-up using standard proof correction marks;
- layout of pages integrating photos and illustration with the text to create visually striking and balanced pages;
- producing complex ‘realia’ (examples of written English) independently;
- producing original solutions to educational books, covers and digital material which can be used as templates for production;
- using Adobe Creative Suite to its full potential. We have team membership of Creative Cloud so you will have full access to all of the Adobe CC software.
You will want to work with us if you have:
- proven design experience within editorial fields
- a love of working within InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- a passion for typography and editorial design and applying this to some of the most visually complex work in educational publishing
- a meticulous attitude when it comes to attention for detail
- strong organisational and communication skills
- the ability to confidently analyse and follow a brief
- Paid Overtime or time off in lieu.
- Private health care with Vitality – which gives you access to lots of membership benefits and discounts on top of a very comprehensive private health insurance scheme, including enhanced access to mental health care. You can also add family members to your policy.
- Employee Assistance Programme – a free 24/7 confidential helpline.
- Bonus scheme paid yearly based on reaching our profit target. Plus other rewards to recognise outstanding achievement and attitude.
- Contributory pension scheme which rises to match your 5% contribution once you’ve been with us for 5 years.
- Cycle and tech schemes.
- We offer long standing service bonuses at 5, 10, 15+ years to recognise loyal members of the team.
- We increase your holiday above the statutory allowance for each year of service, currently up to 25 days plus bank holidays.
- Relocation package available if required.
- Extensive on the job training.
To apply for this role please send us your PDF CV, portfolio and short covering email explaining how your experience meets our criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’re looking for designers to start ASAP and will be looking at applicants as soon as they apply.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer. Please let us know if you need any assistance with contacting us.