We’re looking for an exceptional Mid-level Motion Designer with a passion for brand and communications. We’ll need you to assist on a variety of client briefs, largely across the tech and purpose sectors and across a range of outputs, from branding, to digital products and campaigns.
You’ll need the skill set and confidence to…
- share skills with colleagues
- present work informally to colleagues and clients
- spot problems and work with your teammates to find a solution
As our first motion-focused hire, you’ll be given the challenge and opportunity to help shape and expand HAA’s motion capabilities. We’ve had the pleasure of working with and producing motion for such brands as HBO, House of Instagram, The Climate Group and Born Social.
You’re our type of Human if you’re:
- Considered: You think carefully before acting and can explain your work with sound rationale.
- Exacting: You approach every task with seriousness and absolute attention to detail.
- Calm: You’re comfortable with ambiguity and keep perspective about change, responding in a calm and professional manner.
- Insightful: You enjoy learning new things, and can take on board complex information quickly. You’re comfortable tackling abstract ideas.
- Self-aware: You’re willing to learn from others in your team and able to reflect objectively on your own behaviour, acknowledging mistakes or room for improvement.
- Collaborative: You’re a team player, working openly and iteratively. You’re attuned with the needs of your colleagues, and are motivated by a strong desire to do really great work with them.
- Responsible: You can be trusted to take total responsibility for completing any task that you’re set.
- Honest: You can be relied upon to be truthful and trustworthy, even in difficult situations.
You will be generally responsible for:
- Developing talent: You can share skills and ways of working with colleagues.
- Planning and preparation: You can manage your workload efficiently, proactively suggesting solutions to competing demands.
- Communication and presentation: You can contribute to working decks and present them to both colleagues and clients.
- Feeding back: You can actively seek feedback from peers and colleagues on your own work.
- Problem solving: You acknowledge problems, suggest solutions and ask for help when needed.
On projects you will:
- Translate brand behaviours to motion principles.
- Design and execute dynamic motion graphics and animated assets with a clear understanding of audience and application.
- Ensure that motion design is always considered as part of the planning process.
- Optimise your animations so they’re easy for clients to use.
- Seek innovative ways to push our work forward and find new ways to deliver excellence to our clients.
The skills and expertise we’re looking for:
We don’t expect you to be an expert in every single area listed below.
- Proficient in After Effects and Adobe CC
- A basic understanding and interest of 3D (we use C4D)
- A passion to look forward and develop new skills to push motion boundaries, with an awareness of new motion tools as they become available
- Confident in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and Creative Cloud apps
- Ability to explain creative concepts in a clear and concise way
Desirable, but by no means essential:
- An interest, or skill, in coding
- Interaction design
- UI prototyping
Who we are:
Human After All is a creative agency based in London. We create brand-led communications for some of the world’s most influential organisations, predominantly across the tech and purpose sectors.
At HAA our values shape everything we do. We’re a certified B Corporation, and we pride ourselves on being great humans. To fit in you’ll need to be empathetic, a team player and an excellent communicator. You’ll also need to be conscientious: there’s a good reason for everything we do and for every decision we take, so you’ll need to be someone who demonstrates this same degree of care — both in your work and your interactions with others. Check out the values page on our website for more on what is important to us.
HAA’s ambition is that just as we hope our work will go beyond expectations, we also hope it will achieve bigger things. We want our creativity to be a force for good. We want the communications we create to be instruments for change in the world. We ask that you consider social and environmental causes both in your day-to-day activities at Human After All, and through our purpose-focused client work.
Equality and Diversity:
Human After All is an equal opportunity employer. Our policies reflect our belief in treating all employees and job applicants equally. We will avoid unlawful discrimination in all aspects of employment including recruitment and selection; promotion; transfer; opportunities for training; pay and benefits; other terms of employment; discipline; selection for redundancy and dismissal.
HAA is committed to building a team that has diverse skills, experiences and abilities, and we encourage applications from all backgrounds, communities and industries. We’re also committed to equality and diversity within our workforce, and across all opportunities provided by our agency. We actively encourage BAME and disabled applicants and value the positive impact that diversity has on our organisation.
- Monday to Friday, 9.30am until 5.30pm, are our core hours, but we want everyone to be able to balance their personal and working life so we offer flexible hours throughout the day.
- We’re currently mixing remote working with the use of our studio space in Dalston, depending on personal preference and location. From October, we’ll be in our new studio in Farringdon. When we’re back to working in-person, we’ll allow our staff to work from home for up to three days a week.
- Career development: we have a considered and robust framework for career development, as well as a training budget to further your skill set and knowledge.
- Holidays: 28 days per day (in addition to public holidays).
- Company sick pay scheme
- Private healthcare: comprehensive, fully subsidised private health insurance from Vitality. This includes an employee assistance programme, discounted gym membership, a reward scheme that offers Amazon Prime, cinema tickets, and fitness tracking devices.
- Wellbeing support: we offer a budget towards wellbeing and mental health services.
- Family friendly: enhanced maternity and paternity packages.
- Socials: studio lunches, social events, BBQs and other clubs (when the world permits).
To apply, please send your portfolio and/or showreel via the Application URL