Kanda is an independently owned, boutique and fast paced communications agency that is passionate about regeneration and place-making. We work with the biggest and brightest companies to deliver homes, jobs and places in London and the South East. We work on over 125 projects at any one time and count The Crown Estate, Peabody Housing, Marks and Spencers and British Land amongst our clients.
Founded by Karen Alcock, we launched as a start-up in 2017 with three people and are now 43 strong and are one of the largest specialist communications agencies operating in the UK now. Our core offer as Kanda Consult, is providing strategic communications advice and political counsel, delivering community engagement strategies and innovative consultation content. The pandemic has accelerated our offer in the creative and digital space too as consultation is increasingly delivered online. As part of this growing offer, we recently launched Kanda Create. Our clients seek engaging and creative content including film, web, graphic design, branding and animation
The Role: Graphic Designer (mid-weight)
We are looking for a middle weight graphic designer with 1-2 years’ experience working in a creative agency.
The successful candidate will have experience designing print, social, web and interactive materials and data visualisation for multiple platforms and channels. The position requires the ability to communicate effectively and collaborate in an interdisciplinary environment. The candidate will be able to work in in a fast-paced, deadline-driven atmosphere and must be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Working collaboratively with studio and the project teams to develop visual communications tools, marketing materials, website design and producing high quality design outputs for major clients
- Working closely with the comms team to produce print and digital assets that highlight Kanda’s work and increase overall brand awareness
- Developing innovative methods of visual storytelling for all collateral materials
- Design of multiple client websites
- Design and production of exhibition displays, brochures and publicity materials
- Managing deadlines and ensuring artwork is print ready
Qualifications and Skills:
- Degree in graphic design or related discipline
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop
- Ability to bring your concepts to life across a wide range of projects such as branding, websites, digital, social, animation and marketing comms.
- A keen interest in and excellent understating of branding, including brand design, creating and extending guidelines and brand identity systems and ability to work to a range of established brand guidelines (for different clients)
- Previous experience in web design is a huge plus
- Excellent knowledge of current trends in design, typography and graphic fundamentals for both digital and print
- Demonstrate well-developed artistic sensibilities and be able to interpret and address notes.
- Interest in architecture and urban design (desirable but not essential)
- Friendly, outgoing personality with strong organisational and communication skills