Thomas.Matthews is a communication design studio committed to good design and sustainable practice. Since 1997 our work has brought together identity, architecture, information and human experience. Our studio collaborates with global corporations, architects and planners, museums, governments and world-changing NGOs to create a whole range of projects. We don’t have a uniform style, but there is a thread that runs through everything we create. Sustainability is always in mind, it’s not a ‘buzz word’ to us and we haven’t retro-fitted it onto our list of services. It’s been the foundation of our studio from the start and we’re always pushing to do better. We love being bold, and our work has an energy and a spirit that’s palpable. On a practical level our work spans strategy, branding, engagement, comms, campaigns, digital, environmental graphics, wayfinding and sustainability.
We think success is best shared, so we’re part of the Useful Simple Trust (UST) a family of professional design and consultancy practices. Our 60+ talented and committed engineers, architects, designers and strategists work side-by-side creating positive outcomes for our changing environment.
The successful candidate will have a good range of experience and/or potential to cover the below:
- A graphic design qualification at degree level or equivalent
- An understanding of, and enthusiasm for, design, communication, materials and production processes and interest in developing these
- Possess good spoken and written communication skills with colleagues and clients – email, presentations, face-to-face meetings
- Display a good grasp of detail; be able to handle complex instructions with care and follow-through
- Experience of Adobe CS Creative Suite and working knowledge of Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Developing design and typographic skills, intellectual rigour and conceptual confidence
- A positive can-do attitude with a desire to learn more, challenge expectations and build technical design understanding
- Great attention to detail, and good time management and organisational skills.
- Interest in sustainability and design for values-based organisations
- A great communicator with fluency in English/Arabic speaking and writing
- Proactive approach
- Team player, we encourage our people to work together
- Good sense of humour
- Passionate about building a better future
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Supported route to chartership with enhanced L+D opportunities
- Comprehensive pension scheme
- Flexible working including 9-day fortnight scheme
- Private medical insurance with access to WeCare 24/7 GP access
- Life Assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
Should your application be shortlisted for interview, you will be contacted within 10 days of the closing date. Due to the volume of applicants, only shortlisted candidates may be contacted.
This application may require applicants to respond to a few selection criteria to demonstrate suitable competencies and experience against the role. In addition, a form of assessment or presentation following the first interview may be requested. Any reasonable adjustments required will be met.
Useful Simple Trust is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Grade: Grade 7/6
Closes: 16th July 2021