We’re looking for an ambitious Junior Designer to join our in-house design team at EO Charging and help shape the future of mobility.
Our design studio collaborates with teams across the business to bring the EO brand to life, making sure anything with our logo on it, from our invoices to our adverts, show EO in the best possible light.
Part of our job is making things look good, of course. But we’re also here to make sure that all our output is on-brand, reflective of our values and that we put our customers at the heart of everything we do.
We’re a small team with big plans and the Junior Designer will play a vital role as we look to build the future of the EO brand.
What you’ll be doing:
Our Junior Designer will collaborate with teams across the business to bring EO’s brand, product and services to life. You’ll have the opportunity to work on projects big and small and make a real positive impact on the business. From pitches to new product launches, no two days will ever be the same but here’s what’s likely to be keeping you busy:
- Working with the Creative Lead to develop the EO brand, creating an industry-leading identity that puts our values, mission and purpose at the heart of it.
- Being a brand guardian, ensuring all output is on on-brand and completed to the highest possible standards, protecting the EO brand both internally and externally.
- Responding to briefs from across the business (social, product, sales, marketing, etc), taking ideas from conception all the way through to completion, delivering work on-time to the highest standard.
- Creating well-crafted work, no matter the project.
- Collaborating with other business functions to ensure we create the best products, services and experiences for our customers.
- Use your creativity to generate ideas, push creative boundaries and identify areas we can better communicate our purpose, products and services.
What we’re looking for:
- Ideally, you’ll have one or two years’ experience working as a designer either in-house or agency side.
- A strong portfolio that showcases your understanding of layout, balance and typography, as well as a keen eye for detail.
- You should be comfortable using the Adobe Creative Suite, especially InDesign and Photoshop. Bonus points if you can use After Effects and Sketch too.
- We’re a small, collaborative studio and we’re looking for a Junior Designer who can slot straight into the team. Someone who works well as part of a group but is also able to work independently using their own initiative.
- We’re looking for someone with a positive “can-do” attitude, able to manage multiple projects at once, managing their time efficiently to ensure deadlines are met and work is delivered to the highest possible standard.
- Whilst it’s important you’re able to work within brand guidelines, our perfect candidate isn’t scared to push creative boundaries too. We’re looking for someone full of ideas and passionate about design as a force for positive change.
- We’re not expecting you to be an EV expert straight away but a curious mindset and hunger to learn is essential.
Why join EO?
- According to the Financial Times, we’re one of “Europe’s fastest growing businesses” in 2021. We already work with some of the world’s biggest businesses so we’re not going anywhere!
- Be part of the EV revolution, helping to shape to future of transportation and fight climate change.
- Despite Coronavirus we’ve doubled our team to over 100 here in the UK, and we’re still growing.
- At EO we live and breathe our brand values, and are searching for like-minded designers to advocate these with us:
Agile is the way we work, with the opportunity to work from home as well as in our beautiful plant filled office in the centre of Shoreditch.