(To apply please send your CV with a link to your portfolio)
Footballco is the world’s largest football content and media business. Reaching more than 400m football fans across the world each month, with thousands of entertaining and inspiring content pieces every single day. With a growing roster of football brands beneath our belts including Goal, Voetbalzone, and Spox, no one else has our reach or depth of understanding within the game. We are a team of over 300 people, in 16 counties around the world. We’re young, ambitious and we have some serious investment behind us. Our future starts now…
We are looking for a Design Director in Leeds or London to join our ever expanding global internal creative agency. As a Design Director you will have a portfolio full of crafted and inspired design executions. You will be responsible for coming up with innovative ideas, stunning designs, big pitch winning campaigns, as well as helping develop and evolve a team of digital and motion designers in Leeds. You will be confident when it comes to all aspects of the creative process and seeing a campaign through, from ideation to execution, presentation and production. Over 5 years’ experience in the digital design industry is a must. An in-depth understanding of the beautiful game is preferred, however not essential. Football transcends all aspects of popular culture and so should your thinking.
We offer competitive compensation and a bonus scheme. You will report into the Head of Design at Footballco.
- Conceive and execute ambitious branded content campaigns that will delight our clients and Footballco’s enormous global audience.
- Lead the Design Team, acting as a mentor and a point of creative excellence.
- Have an in-depth understanding of all social media platforms, from Facebook to Tik-Tok and how to create content that gets shared.
- Collaborate with writers, directors, editors and more.
- Evolve our owned and operated brands, being a guardian of creative consistency
- Think outside of the box
- Be passionate about your ideas and confidently communicate your creative vision to the wider team
- Work closely with the production and delivery teams on a daily basis
- Work closely with strategy and client services team and be client-facing
- Be willing to learn and adapt
- Be hungry to develop and progress in your career
- Stand-out creative portfolio full of diverse thinking and eye-catching campaigns
- Extensive experience working in the creative industry, and the ability to be the point of sign off in the Leeds design team across brand, static design and motion
- A passion for big thinking and an eye for craft across a number of creative channels
- An understanding of the beautiful game and all that it fuses – fashion, music, gaming, culture…
- An interest in and deep knowledge of the social platforms, including experience producing work for a variety of social networks
- Excellent communication/presentation skills and an ability to inspire internal and external stakeholders with your storytelling and ideas
- A can-do attitude and the willingness to help shape the creative culture within the company, as well as inspiring your team daily
Internal brand management and brand evolution. You will get the opportunity to work on editorial projects outside of pure branded work, especially surrounding the largest football events such as the World Cup, Euros, or etc.
Footballco is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, colour, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.