The speed read:
This successful design and communications agency needs another Web Developer to join their small but perfectly formed digital team.
The work is beautifully designed business communications, delivered through a wide range of digital channels. This could be a website, a digitally launched campaign, micro sites or landing pages. It’s important that you can take designs created in Photoshop or XD and turn them into custom WordPress themes.
Technically, you will need some experience in the following areas:
- WordPress, with a good understanding of the core platform and theming
- Working with ACF, Yoast, WPML (or qTranslate)
- Working with a range of APIs from Google, Mailchimp etc
- Working with basic dev-ops/server management on Linux solutions
- An interest in app development (Native or Unity developments for iOS/Android)
- SEO best practice and site optimisation
You will mainly be using WordPress. You will also be building templates and updating plug ins.
You might have graphic design training and be self-taught in WordPress, which is fine as long as you can create and maintain concise, clean code.
You will have a minimum of 1 year’s agency experience (you need agency experience) using WordPress or you may have more experience. Our client is open minded for the right team player.
- Keen to learn
- Great with detail and content
- A good communicator
- Able to show some live projects (professional, not personal).
Attention to detail and the tidiest code.