Makower Architects is seeking a graphic designer to join its team of architects and urban designers in its well-located London studio. We are also open to flexible remote working. Candidates must have 4 – 6 years of experience in a professional design environment, be able to demonstrate from this experience the completion of desktop publishing (DTP), document design and print management/publishing of in-house documents. The successful candidate will work on in house marketing material, bid documents, practice brochures, website content as well as support our architect teams on project document preparation, project visuals and infographics. Project work may include public consultation material graphics, project branding, signage, and wayfinding designs. Bid work will include working with the directors to identify and monitor tender opportunities.
Makower Architects are a culturally-rooted international practice specialising in architecture and urbanism, with numerous high-profile projects in the fields of city-making, place-creation and urban heritage. We love cities and we also love how graphics play a big part in our urban experience.
Applicants must demonstrate strong design skills, excellent document layout and publication management experience plus an interest, aptitude for marketing and social media. An ability to work on tight deadlines and directly to practice directors is essential.
The right candidate must meet the following primary criteria:
- Have a professional graphic design qualification or demonstration of a suitable apprenticeship by way of equivalent
- Have worked in a professional design environment. Ideally Architecture or the built environment.
- Show a strong visual sense and understanding of the requirements of the wider Architecture and Design industry
- Have in-depth knowledge of DPT including designing templates for others to use, typography, page layout, colour design well as print management.
- Be able to coordinate and produce multiple bid documents at any one time.
- Maintaining and managing a library of project sheets, CVs and other bid document and marketing collateral
- Have a strong knowledge of graphic design references for use in project design storyboards.
- Have an advanced knowledge of Adobe suite software, particularly Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop and other necessary digital tools.
- Experience of working in a team and ideally directly to practice directors.
- Ideally, experience in coordinating bid documents, with multiple external parties. Ideally within an architectural, construction or design environment.
- Ideally, experience of running social media accounts for professional organisations and maintaining a website up to date with the most recent project information.
- Ideally but not essential, experience and ability to edit moving image presentations with an interest and aptitude for films and illustrative imagery – sketches, cartoons, diagrams etc …
- Ideally but not essential, interest and aptitude for being part of programming PR related / cultural events such as parties, debates, lectures, exhibitions etc.
- You will need to be a highly organised, self-motivated team-worker with strong time management skills and an exceptional eye for detail.
- Good spoken and written English