Courier is looking for an experienced Digital Art Director to join our talented studio team in London. This is an exciting opportunity for a tech-savvy and design-focused individual with their finger on the pulse. Reporting to the Creative Director, you’ll work alongside Courier’s editorial and design teams to bring our print magazine’s content to life in digital formats. You’ll bring solid experience in web and digital design to our fast-paced and growing media company and have a user-first and highly creative portfolio to demonstrate this. You thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, and have a strong work ethic and impeccable design skills.
- Oversee and manage the design of all Courier’s digital channels, from the website to our core email products and brand partnerships.
- Work on topline briefs and strategy alongside external agencies to develop bigger picture digital projects and initiatives.
- Develop animations and graphics to enhance the visual experience on our digital platforms and to enrich the user experience.
- Create digital assets (static, video, and HTML) for a range of platforms (social, display advertising, e-commerce, websites, mobile apps, etc).
- Have the ability to quickly translate ideas into sketches, wireframes, mock-ups, and interactive prototypes.
- Design and develop homepages, landing pages, and email concepts and work with the commercial team to create digital marketing collateral where needed.
- Support the Creative Director in managing digital workflow and prioritising weekly digital work, with a view to improving processes.
- Stay up to date with the latest innovations in the design world and maintain a fresh and relevant outlook.
- Deep experience and understanding of digital storytelling and publishing, from web and email to film and audio.
- A number of years experience in a senior digital role.
- Robust typographic and information design abilities and a user-first understanding.
- Expert knowledge of Adobe XD, Sketch, Figma or other web-based platforms. (Experience in the entire Adobe Creative Suite would be beneficial and an interest in new technology, processes and developments is essential.)
- Motion design and animation experience
- Experience developing creative concepts for clients
- Ability to accurately estimate task and project timelines
- Proficient understanding of the web: HTML & CSS
- Capabilities in responsive design across desktop, mobile and tablet.
- Outstanding communication and people skills and the ability to take direction on multi-faceted projects.
- Design quality assurance (QA)
- Ability to keep calm and make decisions under pressure.
Send your CV along with a letter explaining why you’re the right person for the role – and any other materials you think support your case – to email@example.com. Please include the words ‘Digital Art Director’ in the subject line. The applicant must have the right to live and work in the UK.
Courier is the defining media brand for a new generation who want to live and work on their own terms. We’ve been telling insightful and inspiring stories of modern business through print, podcasts, events and more since launching in 2013. London-based but with an international perspective, our mission is to help you work better, live smarter, be happier.
Courier is an equal-opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.