We are looking for an amazing and down to earth human to come work with the gang for 6 months, starting in May.
As a design researcher at COMUZI, you will support the team with your research & community engagement skills by engaging in current client projects, where our goal is to turn real human problems & needs into creative opportunities and solutions via radical working prototypes and proof of concepts with clear insights and steps to move forward.
- It would be a 6 months fixed term contract with the possibility of extension.
- The salary range for this role is £35,000 to £40,000 per annum.We work four days a week, from 10am to 6pm.
On a day to day, we envision you:
- Engaging with communities on a local and national level to co-design new, inclusive products, services and intervention
- Facilitating and participating in research activities (focus groups, interviews, co-design sessions etc) & communicating insights to stakeholders
- Synthesising research findings into multiple formats
- Supporting recruitment activities online & with recruitment partners, including the creation of research screeners
- Growing our community engagement practise with our Strategy Director
Here’s what you need:
- 2+ years of experience as a design researcher, or in a role where research is a primary responsibility.
- You have a portfolio that showcases your creative process and your research capabilities.
- An interest in COMUZI’s mission and goals (links to find out more about us below).
- Ability to think at a high level about product/service/experience strategy & vision (not just ‘how it should look’ but ‘what we should build’)
- An incredible care for execution. We’re quite informal but like to get the work done
- The confidence to articulate insights & recommendations, even when they are hard truths to communicate
- Being driven, friendly, collaborative, and positive
- Have a passion for design, art, process, play & rigor
- Being human, & understanding people who do not come from your walk of life
- Experience engaging communities, including those perceived as ‘hard to reach’ & vulnerable peeps.
- Experience facilitating research activities (face to face & remotely)
- Experience in synthesis & communicating findings effectively
- Experience liaising with senior stakeholders & building great relationships
- Experience supporting juniors researchers & collaborating with partners on client projects
- Experience working with creative teams with a wide range of personalities.
- Experience in a range of research methodologies
- Experience managing your own time independently & efficiently
- Experience conducting concept & prototype testing
You do not need to be the best at all of these things, but you do have to be willing to learn as we will guide you throughout the journey. We’re also happy to speak to those who have social science, traditional research or psychology based backgrounds.
Perks of the job
- If you would like to have therapy, we will cover the payment!
- A four day week allowing you to utilise your free time to do things you enjoy!
- We will provide you with a budget for professional development
- We will also provide you with a budget for equipment.
We believe that the creative industry’s bad behaviour disproportionately hurts the most marginalised people in society — including people of colour, people from working class backgrounds, women and LGBTQ people.
We believe that these communities must be centred in the work we do.
Hence, we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other marginalised communities.
Rolling applications – COMUZI is more open to finding the right candidate than rush hiring. With this in mind this application does not have an official close date. If you see this from March 2021 we would like to hear from you.
Apply here: https://comuzi.typeform.com/to/HvgMar44
*NO RECRUITERS PLEASE*
Who we are
COMUZI is a design studio based out of Somerset House in London (currently we’re all at home).
We work with organisations from the likes of ASOS to Southwark Council exploring, imagining, prototyping & creating future-forward creative concepts with technology.
Our speciality is in the invention of radical products, services, experiences and different ways of thinking.
Our creative process spans design strategy, design research, future crafting, digital product & service design, advanced prototyping & digital product development.