Creative communications agency seeks a Head of Art to work with their creative leadership team and take responsibility for the visual output of the studio.
You will work closely with the head of copy and design director across all aspects of this agencies work [brand and content] which spans brand identity ideas and guidelines to communications and content ideas and implementation. You’ll typically be involved in everything from key visuals, to film, social and collateral down to every detail of the client and house work.
We are looking for someone who is big ideas driven, conceptually strong, understands the requirements of brand AND campaigns. You will have an art direction back-ground but you need to have a passion for design also. You will need to be strategic thinking, go beyond the brief and really push the work into new and innovative areas.
As Head of Art you will be expected to work across all client work on creative concepts, design and ensure the conceptual and visual output of the agency is of the highest calibre. You will be a natural strategic thinker who enjoys solving problems, whether that be business challenges or creative and visual. You will need to be capable of working alone but also with other creatives including a creative copywriter.
What we are looking for:
- A minimum of seven years experience working in the advertising/communications of design sectors.
- An impressive portfolio of multi-channel work.
- Extensive experience developing concepts for brand identity ideas, advertising or content comms campaigns.
- A thorough understanding of photography, typography, illustration ad printing.
- Leadership skills in order to hire, develop and oversee a small creative team.
- Familiarity with film making and and video editing techniques.
- Excellent communications skills [written and verbal] and confident presentation skills in order to pitch ideas to clients or directors and explain ideas to the internal creative team.
- A clear creative vision while remaining open to others ideas.
- An extensive knowledge of graphic design and full ‘hands on’ capabilities.
One off opportunity to join this agency as a senior and key member of the business working with the leadership team to help take the agency to the next level. Please send through an up to date folio/cv.