Ted’s Guide to what the Motion Designer does around here…
Ted’s Mission Statement
Our Mission is to build a successful company through the creation of a leading designer brand. By conducting ourselves in an efficient and courteous manner and by maintaining Ted’s high standards and integrity, we pride ourselves in always being in a position to satisfy the needs of our customer. In order to protect the ethos and persona for which we have gained an enviable reputation, we always ask ourselves the question: ‘Would Ted do it that way?’**
Where does this role fit within Ted’s Team?
You will be joining a growing department who’s responsibility is to concept and execute all video and motion design content for the Ted Baker brand. Video and motion content is at the forefront of our campaigns. Working closely with the Graphic Design department and the Photography Studio to craft beautiful, ahead of trend aesthetics for a range of platforms including social, website, in-store screens and DOOH.
Role Description and responsibilities:
As a Mid-weight Motion Designer you will be responsible for developing and delivering unique, highly creative design across all facets of moving content.
Day-to-day you’ll be:
- Creating and animating bespoke graphic assets.
- Crafting engaging narratives by combining live-action footage with motion design.
- Animating expertly informed typography.
- Editing live-action video footage.
- Finding unique solutions to creating content for a range of platforms / dimensions.
- Working with Art Directors and Heads of Departments in concepting video / motion aspects of campaign shoots.
- Selecting the most engaging, curious, candid moments from live action rushes.
- Developing stylish treatments / effects for footage.
Required skills / experience:
- Previous relevant experience.
- Expert in knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, After Effects / Premiere essential.
- Strong knowledge / passion for Graphic Design Foundations – typography, layout etc
- Ability to manipulate still images and typography to create sharp motion content
- Short form video editing skills
- Seamless workflow between Premiere and After Effects.
- Ability to logically unpack and tackle briefs.
- Comfortable explaining creative solutions.
- Interest in fashion.
- Passionate about video, photography and graphic design.
- Wealth of knowledge on current brands and their creative output.
- Comfortable explaining ideas and process.
- Responds well to feedback.
- Positive, outgoing and collaborative.
Ted’s Core Competencies…
- Satisfy the needs of our customer, always
- Pursue growth and opportunities through initiative and proactivity
- Build open and honest relationships with clear communication
- Create a positive team environment, encourage collaboration
- Be proud, passionate, motivated, committed
- Take ownership, be accountable
- Encourage organisation, high standards and efficiencies
Ted Baker is committed to equal opportunities and embraces diversity, understanding the needs and benefits of a balanced, inclusive workforce. We do not tolerate any harassment or discrimination towards any of our candidates or employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer.