The Marketing Design team is one of six groups within The Telegraph’s Design department. Collaborating with other design areas such as Product Design, Visual Storytelling, Editorial, Graphics, and Video, the Marketing Design team promotes both editorial and subscription initiatives. From conceptual stage through to roll out across multiple channels including in-paper, onsite display, OOH, and social, the Marketing Design team covers a wide range of projects – making sure that the reader is always at the heart of everything we do.
We are looking for a highly creative Mid-Weight Designer to work in collaboration with the Senior Designers, and reporting to the Art Director. Working closely with a multi-disciplinary team of marketers, data analysts, CRM specialists, and other design areas, the Marketing Design team has a fundamental role to play in helping The Telegraph achieve its subscription target.
The nature of our industry means life at the Telegraph Media Group is fast-paced, demanding, and interesting. We also want it to be rewarding for everyone who works here. From dynamic working opportunities, medical cover, and equal parental pay (six months fully paid for mothers and fathers), to life assurance, and season ticket loans, you can choose from a range of flexible benefits, designed to support your lifestyle and help you achieve a healthy work-life balance.
Training and development
With support from your manager and colleagues, you’ll also have access to a variety of training and development opportunities through The Academy. Covering a range of personal and professional skills, our courses enable you to develop an enjoyable and rewarding career.
Our commitment to inclusion
We want you to feel you belong here and welcome candidates from all backgrounds.
We have a number of internal networks that are totally inclusive and open for anyone to join. These include internal inclusion networks covering employees from ethnic minority backgrounds, working families, LGBTQ+, disabilities and long-term conditions, gender, wellbeing, and women in tech.
Your wellbeing is paramount, so we have trained over 100 Mental Health First Aiders in the last two years to help support our employees. We’ve also signed the Tech Talent Charter, and are committed to driving greater inclusion and diversity in tech.
- Turn concepts into working campaigns and marketing materials across print and digital in order to effectively promote our editorial subscription initiatives
- You’ll be working on multiple projects to tight deadlines, creating engaging concepts and seeing them through to delivery ensuring the reader is at the heart.
- Liaise with other designers and stakeholders to deliver creative requirements
- You’ll use your skill as a designer to pay great attention to execution and craftsmanship
- Guide and advise more junior members of the team, helping them to develop and grow, and allowing your own leadership ability and collaboration skills to flourish
- A beautiful portfolio of projects, built throughout your time as a Designer, and reflective of the work you’ll be delivering in this role.
- An understanding of typography
- Knowledge of the print and digital production process
- An in-depth working knowledge of Adobe CC (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and After Effects)
- An understanding of motion graphics
- A proactive attitude towards challenges is a must
- You’re able to keep commercial objectives and the ‘bigger picture’ in mind when designing
- You can multitask and prioritise projects
- It’s important that you’re a good communicator – you’re able to articulate your ideas clearly and coherently
- Illustration skills would be a bonus
- It’d be useful if you had experience working in Figma or Sketch
- Working knowledge of HTML5 and Adobe Animate would be great, but this isn’t essential
The Telegraph’s goal is to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace and we are committed to building a team that reflects a wide variety of skills, perspectives, and backgrounds.
We are an equal opportunities employer, hiring solely on merit and business need. We encourage applications regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood, and disability. If you require reasonable adjustments in any recruitment process with us, please make us aware.
For more information on our purpose, beliefs, and people values, please visit our website