Established in 1974, Graham & Green is a proudly independent, family-run homeware emporium, owned by Jamie and Lou Graham. Jamie and Lou design and source the very best furniture, eclectic homeware and unique gifts that excite and inspire. Their mission is to share these items with their customers, so that they can experience the same sense of discovery and delight.
At G&G, we believe in creating colourful, vibrant homes and surrounding ourselves with things that bring us joy – whether that’s products, loved ones or furry friends. We want every customer to feel part of our family and to create a unique home that they love – one that is filled with their best treasures and memories. Discover our curious little world by visiting one of our five stores, heading over to our website, or exploring our seasonal catalogues.
The successful candidate will be passionate about both print and digital, combine exceptional levels of creativity with proven technical ability, and be able to reflect our brand style.
- Produce print and online creative assets to tight deadlines from concept to completion
- Design bi-weekly email campaigns in line with our marketing and trading calendar
- Design 4 seasonal catalogues each year
- Liaise and communicate closely with all departments involved in creative briefs
- Aid photoshoots when required
- Work with the Marketing Manager, Lead Designer and Creative Director on developing and improving the company brand look and feel.
- Good knowledge of – and interest in – retail brands and how they promote themselves
- Creative thinking with a good understanding of the Graham & Green brand
- Ability to generate new marketing and visual ideas to enhance the brand’s presence
- A keen interest in typography and vintage graphics
- Excellent organisational and communication skills and exceptional attention to detail
- Able to manage multiple projects and responsibilities and adhere to exacting deadlines
- Relaxed and adaptable outlook – G&G is not a regimented, corporate/agency environment
- Must love animals – we have 2 office pets and we’re all animal mad, as are our customers!
- At least five years’ experience with Adobe Suite (especially Photoshop and InDesign)
- At least four years’ experience of commercial design experience in a professional setting
- 4 years’ minimum experience of designing for the web
- Some prototyping (we use Adobe XD) and retouching skills would be an advantage
- Retail marketing experience with examples of having designed marketing emails
- Knowledge and experience of laying out and slicing up email designs essential
- Strong portfolio demonstrating originality, flexibility and skills over print and web
- Print design experience and examples of flyers, booklets, wraps etc.
- An understanding of CSS is desirable
- Able to work with responsive web design to be able to hit the ground running
- Ability to sketch / illustrate would be an additional advantage
- Generous holiday allowance and birthday day off
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Private Medical Scheme
- Bike2Work Scheme
- Generous company discount
- A small, friendly close-knit team
- Flexi-working (under trial)
- Dog walks and dogs in office (when we’re back)
- Breakfast on Friday scheme
- Goa Villa – reduced rates
- Company socials
If interested, please hit ‘Apply by Email’ send your CV and covering letter along with a PDF of work samples.