carwow is looking for a Product Designer to join our fast growing Design team in London. The role will be temporarily remote based due to Covid-19 but upon returning to the office our new flexible working policy will apply (see Benefits).
At carwow, we’re aiming to create the best car-buying experience in the world. Buying a car is normally the 2nd biggest financial decision people face (after buying a house), and it’s a complex one. There are many issues people face throughout the process, and we aim to fix them.
We’re a motivated startup with a team of 200+ based in London, Munich and Madrid. We are backed by some of Europe’s leading VCs and have raised over £48m in funding since we launched, so we’re growing fast. We’re constantly asking ourselves how we can make carwow better, so if you’re curious, motivated, and want to help us change the future of car buying, get in touch. It’s the chance to be at the start of something huge.
carwow is looking for a Product Designer to join our expanding Design Team, reporting directly to the Head of Design. The team is London based with a remote working policy until the end of the pandemic. You’ll be a member of one of our six Product Squads, working in Agile practices and rituals. You’ll work with other Product Designers, User Researchers, Product Managers and Engineers. carwow has a data-driven environment; we love to learn as we ship. The team works directly with user insights, helping us to guide our Product Vision and thinking.
You’ll have direct coaching from the Head of Design, Gareth Thomas who has over 15 years experience in UX and Branding. You’ll receive support in skill development, building your autonomy and wellbeing, making sure that you have the perfect work-life balance. Throughout a working week, the Design Team meets to align on work. Forming strong working bonds and cross-team collaboration on solving customer problems. Our vision is to develop the best possible experience for car buyers.
- Practice user-centred focused design. Have the user at the heart of your thinking, can empathise by defining a user problem, create a job story, establish design goals and success metrics. Openly challenge assumptions and validate problems with research and data.
- Understanding of Design Systems for a digital Product. Being comfortable working on a responsive website, designing with a mobile-first perspective. In an interview show examples and explain how components are created and used.
- Show and apply Design and Product Principles in your work. Communicate work and demonstrate how you collect, process and respond to feedback.
- Contribute and maintain our style guide, working with Product Designers and Front-end developers to keep our Figma library up to date and website looking consistent.
- Gained 4.5+ years’ experience working at a Digital Agency or Tech Company
- A case study, of either a user flow, feature or A/B experiment that shows the design process in-depth, including problem definition, research and evidence, wireframes, UI prototypes and production-ready designs
- Knowledge in using data to make informed decisions, this may include; running surveys, Google Analytics or equivalent tools, or user testing
- Competent in UI design and prototyping software (e.g. Sketch, InVision, AdobeCC )
- Maintained and added new components to a pattern library (e.g. Sketch, Framer, Figma)
- Manage the end-to-end design process, including the writing of handover specifications to developers
- A competitive salary
- Equity in the company (share options)
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays and Christmas Eve
- Financial: Private pension scheme, salary sacrifice benefits (i.e. cycle to work), Travel Loan
- Flexible working: For those that want to, you’ll be able to work from home for the majority of the week, with up to 2 days max in the office. You’ll be eligible for a ‘home office allowance’ of up to £500/€550 to help get set up with everything you need to succeed at home. We also have a new ‘work from anywhere for a month each year’ policy in place should you wish to use it.
- Office: When we are in the office, a dog-friendly office in Victoria, with free refreshments and a variety of breakout spaces (let Mat Watson take you for a spin around our office here).
- Health: Private medical health insurance, subsidised gym membership, free access to Sanctus mental-health coaching sessions
- Social: Company wide collaboration such as bi-weekly product demos, coffee with the exec sessions, culture club, social events (currently virtual)
At carwow, we believe diversity of experience (whether that be personal or professional), contributes to a broader perspective and will lead to a more innovative company. We’re working hard to increase the diversity of our team and be more inclusive, so if you’re not sure you fit all of the requirements, why not get in touch? Above all, we’re looking for people with drive who share our company values (you can view them here).