Hungry, Tech-savvy, Wannabe Entrepreneurial Superstar Needed!
This is a dream role designed specifically for a high-achieving, tech-savvy university graduate who believes there is more to life than getting a job at a mega-corporation and counting the days until retirement (or layoffs…)
Dear Future Entrepreneurial Superstar,
Did you just graduate, and are in high-demand for your skills, but don’t want to be a cog in a wheel at large company?
Would you like the opportunity to live and work abroad, but don’t want to come home from a year of “teaching English” and be behind in your career?
Do you want to start your own company, but you are not sure where to start?
If you’ve always been an expert communicator who is technologically inclined and would like to take those skills to the next level — while at the same time learning the crucial entrepreneurial and marketing skills you need to grow your first company — this could be the opportunity you’re looking for.
But before I tell you more about the opportunity, I should probably introduce myself.
Who am I?
I started Urban Baristas bringing Aussie style coffee (epic flat whites) to the UK and now I have 6 cafes in London, roasting our own specialty coffee beans and a successful subscription service delivering our coffee straight to customers door. We are on a mission to grow our subscription side of the business to ensure everyone wake’s up to Urban Coffee.
The Opportunity: Work as a “right hand person” for a fast-growing company that now is focusing on growing our ecommerce side of the business.
You will be in the privileged position to learn from some of the most successful companies in the world and find out what makes them successful.
If you’ve got a burning desire to be an entrepreneur, and this sounds like the opportunity you’re looking for, here are the…
Skills We’re Looking For:
I am looking for someone who…
- Is hungry to learn about design, marketing and entrepreneurship. This is the most important factor in your success.
- Has always been the “tech person” in their family and feels at home troubleshooting tech issues.
- A polished writer who is comfortable creating content and editing his or her own work without much oversight.
- Is a finisher.
- Do you hate leaving projects unfinished?
- You must love the details of your projects and work dutifully to ensure the user has a positive experience with your product.
- Is a self-starter who won’t take no for an answer.
- An analytical mind who’s been successful in mathematics.
- Has a strong grasp of social media. If you know how to get likes, comments, and shares….we want your help!
We Hire the Best, Regardless of Their Location.
Performance and attitude is the most important aspect of this job, not clocking hours in the office or water cooler politics.
Want to set up shop at a co-working space in Bali, or put the finishing touches on an email campaign while sipping coffee at a sidewalk café Rio? Fine with us. As long as you can work on a UK timezone, we’re cool with it.
Unlike other jobs, we don’t believe that what you do should dictate where you live.
We’re looking for people who can demonstrate they hold themselves to a higher standard in everything they do, because with great flexibility comes great responsibility.
All this flexibility doesn’t mean we’re not a close-knit team…
You Must Love Marketing:
Marketing, and specifically direct response marketing, is what drives success in every industry, and to be successful here it’s something you must be excited to learn about.
We Hire Characters Not Positions:
We’re a small company with big aspirations, and we work hard (and have a LOT of fun) while making that happen. If you have what it takes as an individual – in other words, if you’re a consistent high-achiever in everything you do in life – then you’ll fit in well at our company.
Responsibilities Include (But are not limited to):
- Building and sending emails with email marketing software
- Writing and formatting blog posts in WordPress
- Ensuring the ecommerce platform is working efficiently
- Managing company dashboards and evaluating metrics for company success
- Working on the shopify website
- Many, many hats will be worn.
HOW TO APPLY
1) Write a COVER LETTER addressing the following questions:
- Why do you think you’d be the “Entrepreneurial Superstar” we’re looking for?
- Describe why you’re a consistent high-achiever. Give SPECIFIC examples of past achievements and/or accolades related to your successes.
- What are the last three books you’ve read?
- What do you do for fun?
- Explain what you’re doing now for work and why you’re looking elsewhere.
- To ensure your attention to detail, please include the words “Pink Cadillac” in the first paragraph of your cover letter.
2) Create ONE document (Word or PDF) that contains both your custom cover letter and your resume. Cover letter first, resume second.
3) Click the “Apply Now” button on this page.