Crisis is the national charity for homeless people. We know that homelessness is not inevitable. We know that together we can end it.
About the role
We’re looking for a hands-on, enthusiastic, and energetic Senior Graphic Designer. A vital member of a growing Brand and Marketing team, our Senior Graphic Designer will be joining a fast-paced group of people pushing and elevating the Crisis brand.
You’ll be key to delivering a wide range of content for audiences including supporters, potential supporters, people facing or experiencing homelessness and staff. You’ll have experience of tackling briefs from scratch and seeing them through to completion. You’ll have a keen eye for detail with the ability to inject ideas, solve problems and bring colleagues with you along the way.
As our Senior Graphic Designer, you’ll have an in-depth understanding of, and passion for design, layout, and typography.
• Ability to create and commission print and digital content to an excellent standard [portfolio review].
• Great organisational and time management skills with a demonstratable ability in prioritising tasks.
• Detail-orientated with an elevated attention to detail.
• Experience of developing creative briefs with colleagues and delivering design projects from concept to completion with an audience-focused and evidence-based approach.
• Experience briefing and collaborating with illustrators, animators, photographers and filmmakers including art and creative direction.
• Demonstrable graphic design experience, ideally with professional qualifications in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, and Acrobat).
• Extensive knowledge of print and digital processes and readying artwork for both.
In addition to key responsibilities, the below is desirable; but not essential:
• Experience setting up and maintaining a digital asset management system.
• Experience developing editable templates.
• Experience developing inclusive and accessible content.
• Strong photography, film making/editing and/or animation skills.
As a member of the Brand and Marketing team you will have access to a wide range of employee benefits including:
Interest free loans to purchase a train season ticket or a bike or for a deposit to secure a tenancy
Mandatory pension scheme, with an employer contribution of 8.5%
25 days’ annual leave which increases with service to 28 days.
Alongside our excellent staff benefits, we will support your ongoing development to build your skills, experience, and career.
How to Apply
If this sound likes the opportunity for you, please hit ‘Apply by URL’ for more information. If you need to request an application in an alternative format, please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com
Closing date: Monday 8th February 2021 (at 23:59)
We value diversity, promote equality and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from people with lived experience of homelessness.