We strongly encourage people of colour, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Bumble is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example – she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
Bumble is looking for an experienced Senior Visual Designer to join the product design team. You’ll be responsible for raising the bar of Bumble’s visual language across the team, with the goal of making our app engaging and accessible. You’ll be working on a product that is a part of the daily lives of millions people already, and you’ll work on projects that have a direct and positive impact on our users’ lives.
This role will be based in London, reporting to the Product Design Lead.
- Partner with product designers to define the visual design strategy for the product, as well as collaborating with other teams to expand the vision into landing pages, app store assets and product marketing campaigns
- Design beautiful interfaces, as well as iconography and illustrations, and work with motion designers to bring them to life
- Help create, maintain, and evolve our visual design guidelines together with our graphic and product design teams
- Give and seek feedback during critique sessions to continually raise the bar for quality in the team
- Regularly present your work and evangelise good design standards within the team and the wider company
- Constantly challenge yourself and the team on how we work, helping to adopt new practices and tools
- Contribute to the design culture at Bumble
EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Strong portfolio showcasing a foundation in typography, interaction and user-centred visual design excellence
- Experience designing iconography and illustrations for world-class digital products
- Successful experience partnering with research, design, product, marketing and engineering
- Experience supporting and coaching members of the team with practical advice and guidance
- You’re highly detail-oriented, with a drive for perfection down to the last pixel
- You can ensure the quality of detailed visual design throughout all phases of a project
- You can communicate the value and functionality in design, icons, typography, colour, and illustration
- You’re proactive, organised, curious, humble and empathetic, and you can multi-task across multiple workstreams
- You’re passionate about inclusive, accessible and ethical design
- You’re passionate about evangelising design within the business and externally (e.g. events, conferences, articles)
- You are comfortable in a fast-paced environment where you communicate daily with world-class talent from our global teams
- You are positive and committed with a ‘can-do’ attitude and a flexible approach
- You are a self-starter: you thrive on taking ownership of initiatives with limited oversight
- You have great communication skills, both verbal and written
- You are deeply passionate about Bumble’s brand vision and values: kindness, growth, respect, accountability, courage and equality
With over 600 staff in 10+ countries all working remotely during the time of COVID-19, we’ve worked hard to adapt and support our teams during this challenging time, including:
- Flexible working hours
- Streaming free, live yoga & meditation sessions each week, as well as a full weekly timetable of free online exercise classes
- ‘Random Coffee’ – connecting staff across the globe in pairs once a week to get to know each other over a video chat
- ‘First Fridays’ – meal delivery for a remote lunch with your team once a month
- Employee Support Fund for those whose households are experiencing financial hardship due to COVID-19
- Written resources to guide employees through this challenging time
- You will also be taken through a fully digital onboarding process!
About Bumble: Bumble is the parent company that operates Badoo and Bumble, two of the world’s largest dating and connection apps with millions of users globally. The Bumble app was founded by CEO Whitney Wolfe Herd in 2014. Bumble is majority-owned by Blackstone and has over 600 employees in offices in Austin, London, and Moscow.