Freddie’s Flowers recognises our success is dependent on the success of our people. Freddie’s Flowers is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce where everyone feels safe and valued. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
A bit about us:
Freddie Garland started delivering weekly flowers to his Mum and Dad’s neighbours in a knackered old electric milk float in 2015. We’ve come a long way since then and now work with over 250 fabulous people making deliveries to over 100,000 of our wonderful customers all over the U.K. This year we were proud to be certified Carbon Neutral by the Carbon Trust. The secret to our success is:
- We love what we do and we know what the plan is.
- We work hard to do it brilliantly.
- We have fun working together.
This is an exciting time for Freddie’s Flowers, so we are looking for an exceptional designer with an impeccable eye for detail. You’ll work principally on print and illustration, though some knowledge of digital design would be a plus. You need to be hands-on and enthusiastic about bringing new ideas and developing creative, working collaboratively with the rest of the design team and photography team to produce fantastic work, and with the confidence to take the lead on your own projects.
At Freddie’s we produce a huge variety of content, and you’ll need to be able to replicate the brand style across different projects like our weekly arranging guides, in box printed material, direct mail campaigns and packaging. We like to keep the creative fresh through regular development, so new ideas are always welcome! We currently work across the UK and Germany, and with huge plans for the future this is a very exciting time to join.
- 4 years minimum experience
- Enthusiasm to push ideas and get stuck in
- Excellent typography skills and knowledge of design principles
- Your portfolio and CV should demonstrate an impeccable eye for detail
- Organised working technique and file management
- Knowledge of print production and specifications
- Strong illustration skills with the ability to adapt to brand style
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite – especially InDesign
- Ability to be proactive and take ownership of projects
- Good time management skills – flexible attitude and ability to manage shifting priorities, whilst maintaining commitment to deadlines in a reactive and fast-paced environment
- Approachable, collaborative, and open to ideas and feedback from others
- Have an active interest in new design trends, learning skills and sharing ideas.
- Free flowers
- An abundance of organic snacks!
- Discounted gym membership
- WFH and Flexi-Hours (where applicable)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Health and Wellbeing sessions with The Mind Clinic
If you think you fit the part, please apply by sending your CV and portfolio.