At carwow, we’re aiming to create the best car-buying experience in the world. Buying a car is normally the 2nd biggest financial decision people face (after buying a house), and it’s a complex one. There are many issues people face throughout the process, and we aim to fix them.
We’re a motivated startup with a team of 200+ based in London, Munich and Madrid. We are backed by some of Europe’s leading VCs and have raised over £48m in funding since we launched, so we’re growing fast. We’re constantly asking ourselves how we can make carwow better, so if you’re curious, motivated, and want to help us change the future of car buying, get in touch. It’s the chance to be at the start of something huge.
carwow is looking for a Mid-level Product Designer to join our expanding Design Team, reporting directly to the Head of Design. The team is London based with a remote working policy. You’ll be a member of one of our six Product Squads, working in Agile practices and rituals. You’ll work with other Product Designers, User Researchers, Product Managers and Engineers. carwow has a data-driven environment; we love to learn as we ship. The team works directly with user insights, helping us to guide our Product Vision and thinking.
You’ll have direct coaching from the Head of Design. You’ll have regular 1-2-1s covering skill development, building autonomy, and wellbeing. The Design Team meets throughout a working week to align, forming working bonds and cross-collaboration.
- Practice user-centred focused design. Have the user at the heart of your thinking, can empathise by defining a user problem, create a job story,
establish design goals and success metrics. Openly challenge assumptions and validate problems with research and data.
- Understanding of Design Systems for a digital Product. Being comfortable working on a responsive website, designing with a mobile-first
perspective. In an interview show examples and explain how components are created and used.
- Show and apply Design and Product Principles in your work. Communicate work and demonstrate how you collect, process and respond to
- Gained 2+ years’ experience working at a Digital Agency or Tech Company
- A case study, of either a user flow, feature or A/B experiment that shows the design process in-depth, including problem definition, research and
evidence, wireframes, UI prototypes and production-ready designs
- Knowledge in using data to make informed decisions, this may include; running surveys, Google Analytics or equivalent tools, or user testing
- Good skills with design and prototyping software (e.g. Sketch, InVision, AdobeCC )
- Created a Design System and build a pattern library (e.g. Sketch, Framer, Figma)
- Experience writing design specifications in handover notes to developers
- A competitive salary
- Equity in the company (share options)
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays and Christmas Eve
- Health: Private medical health insurance, subsidised gym membership, free access to Sanctus mental-health coaching sessions
- Financial: Private pension scheme, salary sacrifice benefits (i.e. cycle to work), Travel Loan
- Office: A dog-friendly office in Victoria, with free refreshments and a variety of breakout spaces (let Mat Watson take you for a spin around our office here). The office is currently open, but it’s completely optional if you would like to work from there. We won’t be asking people back in
until at least March 2021 and for now, we are working remotely. In the future, there may be a requirement to spend some time at the office.
- Social: Company-wide collaboration such as bi-weekly product demos, coffee with the exec sessions, culture club, social events (currently
At carwow, we believe diversity of experience (whether that be personal or professional), contributes to a broader perspective and will lead to a more innovative company. We’re working hard to increase the diversity of our team and be more inclusive, so if you’re not sure you fit all of the requirements, why not get in touch? Above all, we’re looking for people with drive who share our company values (you can view them here).