As a Mid-Weight Creative Copywriter, you’ll help to create compelling, creative marketing across subscriptions and editorial promotion, with a real focus on customer retention. You’ll ensure that The Telegraph communicates with the highest standards on and offline, across our owned, partnered, or paid platforms. You will help transform briefs, conceptually and creatively, working in tandem with the wider teams for a varied mix of exciting, highly-effective applications.
What you’ll be doing:
- Make a positive impact on our communications, throughout subscriptions, editorial promotion, and events
- Maintain tone of voice, as well as grammatical and spelling accuracy, on work with a tight turnaround time
- Produce creative work across digital, email, social, and print mediums
- Liaise with multiple stakeholders concurrently, establish good relationships with them and manage their expectations
- Manage your time and projects efficiently, with support from senior creatives
- In the media, things tend to happen quickly. So you’ll need to take pride in creating, adapting, and delivering work rapidly, to tight deadlines.
- Outstanding creative writing that compels and converts
- Experience working in a creative environment, with a portfolio showcasing campaigns that have been worked on from start to finish
- The confidence to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- An avid interest in current affairs, sport, culture, and the curiosity to become more deeply immersed in those areas
- Outstanding English grammar and spelling
- Exquisite attention to detail
- Excellent time management and prioritisation
- A positive perspective on life and work
What you can expect from The Telegraph if you’re the successful candidate:
- Personal and career development opportunities such as communication, soft skills, and industry qualifications
- Work within a dynamic team, who challenge the status quo and champion agile working & continuous improvement; adopting the Telegraph’s values – being together, fearless, open-minded and informed – in everything we do
- 25 days’ holiday; rising to 30 days after 3 years’ service, private pension, plus lifestyle, health & wellbeing, and financial benefits.
The Telegraph’s goal is to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace and we are committed to building a team that reflects a wide variety of skills, perspectives, and backgrounds.
We are an equal opportunities employer, hiring solely on merit and business need. We encourage applications regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood, and disability. If you require reasonable adjustments in any recruitment process with us, please make us aware.