USPG is an Anglican Mission Agency based in London. We work with global partners and strive to help the Anglican churches in Britain and Ireland engage with the worldwide Anglican Communion. Sympathy with the ethos of USPG is an essential requirement of the role.
USPG is offering for a full-time, permanent role for a Graphic Designer with a starting salary of £26,000 to £30,000, depending on experience. Once the probationary period has been completed, USPG offers flexi-time and a staff shower for those that want to run/cycle to work. There is a contributory company pension scheme. The office is based within walking distance of London Bridge and is close to Borough Tube Station. Please note that this role is not suitable for freelance workers. It is a full time London office based position.
You will be creating visuals/graphics for newsletters, social media, advertisements and websites and must be able to manage your workload with an proven ability to plan and prioritise your work. This will include designing, amending, proofing and supplying designs for publications, digital presentations, website content, exhibition and event graphics and producing financial infographics. Publications include a quarterly 32 page supporter magazine and a quarterly 26 page prayer resource as well as other study course resources. You must be comfortable acting as an internal creative consultant working to a brief with tight deadlines. You will act as brand guardian, protecting and enhancing USPG’s reputation by ensuring the correct application of USPG’s visual identity across all marketing collateral and communications. Photography and videography/editing and an element of image library curation will be ad hoc requirements of the role.
Previous experience of website CMS and social media platforms will be an advantage, although training will be given.
To be considered for this role you must have:
- A degree in Graphic Design. This is essential and candidates without this qualification will not be considered.
- Ideally at least 3+ years of Graphic Design experience, preferably in an agency.
- Mac user with an excellent working knowledge of Adobe CS (InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop) and Microsoft Office.
- Experience of working with social media measurement platforms including Tweetdeck and Hootsuite would be an advantage.
- Although an ad hoc requirement, photography and videography skills are essential.
- You will be hardworking, and be able to work within a team, possess excellent oral and written communication skills and have an eye for detail. You must be able to juggle a number of projects simultaneously. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with impeccable English are vital.
If you are a collaborative and dedicated Graphic Designer looking for a varied role in a welcoming organisation, we would like to hear from you via the process outlined below:-
To apply, please complete the application form on the USPG website here. Please include a PDF digital portfolio of your work and bring a printed portfolio your interview for discussion. Please note, completing the application form is an essential part of the process. We regret we are unable to accept CVs and candidates who omit their portfolio will be excluded from the shortlisting process. Applicants must have the right to live and work in the UK.