Are you passionate about gaming?
If so – we are working with an agency who specialise within the gaming sector and they are looking for a conceptual graphic designer to join their small independent studio.
Our client are a small team and they cover a huge spectrum of work : naming, branding and style guides, key art, out of home and social campaigns, trailers and promo videos… and pretty much anything else their clients need. They even work directly with studio dev teams on games as they are built, including sculpting the look and feel of playing environments and characters.
We are looking for a middle weight with a broad skill set, able to switch gear and move between very different tasks. They often have tight deadlines and always deliver to a very high standard. In return you’ll have the opportunity to work on projects that are exciting, high profile and incredibly cool!
Projects range from AAA big budget titles to quirky little Indies and they absolutely love what they do!
Excellent Photoshop and Illustrator skills and a portfolio proving your very strong branding skills is absolutely essential.
Branding and typography
OOH print and digital campaigns
Creating visuals and mock ups
Storyboarding and sketching
Imaginative copy writing and word play
Knowledge of print processes
Front end web design and designing for digital
General Mac knowledge
The ability to convey an idea in many ways – sketches, visuals, creative writing, mood boards and mood videos.
Good communication skills, willing to share knowledge and collaborate, comfortable meeting and talking to clients.
3D and motion experience is a definite plus but not imperative.
We need you to :
• Be in the know about all things gaming, understand and follow esports.
• Have an imaginative approach to research, creating beautiful inspiring mood boards.
• Bring smart and surprising ideas to the table.
• Have the confidence and capability to own projects yourself from concept all the way through to final delivery with support of the team.
• Clearly communicate your ideas, and present with clarity and enthusiasm.
• Be highly productive working remotely, always looking for ways to use your initiative.
• Take pride in your work, have exacting standards and a very good eye for detail.
• Love design, love branding, be on top of creative trends.
• Live and breathe everything around gaming, play games – especially our clients titles.
Minimum 3-4 years experience, including experience in a creative agency environment within the entertainment industry (preferably games).
• Passionate, focussed and dedicated.
• Positive, can do, up for a challenge.
• A real team player
• Able to get your head down and manage your time and workload without close supervision.
• A keen interest in games of every genre, films, music, technology, history, sport, the world and everything is essential!
This is a fantastic opportunity for a talented, versatile and conceptual designer who loves games! If this sounds like you – please get in touch with your cv and folio!