We design and make things with love and with care, even though we will probably never meet the humans we are making things for, we know that we can put a smile on their face, a spring in their step, and warmth in their heart. We are on a mission to change the world, starting with health and wellbeing. We want to be LovedBy families around the world affected by Chronic Illness.
Because human beings are not perfect.
Because we love and care about our families.
Because the right support and guidance is not always available.
We have been building a platform to engage and delight 0-20-year olds around the world, and to promote positive behaviour.
Twenty million children and adolescents in the United States have some form of chronic illness or disability.
This is around 18% of 0-18 year olds.
About one in seven young people (15%) aged 11-15 in the UK report having been diagnosed with a long-term medical condition.
Healthcare spending reached a total of $3.2 trillion dollars in 2015, based upon recent estimates.
A nudge makes it more likely that an individual will make a particular choice, or behave in a particular way, by altering the environment so that automatic cognitive processes are triggered to favour the desired outcome.
‘To become the most successful hyper-personal learning platform in the world’
Starting with kids, and adolescents who are managing chronic illness, we will use rich physiological data to drive contextual educational content, into their digital channels, improving health and wellbeing.
We are trialing our exciting nudg platform in 2020, with both NHS and commercial partners. We need an experienced, energetic and purpose driven individual to join our team. Technical strategy, design and delivery are at the heart of our proposition and so this role is central to our ability to deliver on our vision and mission.
To begin with you will be working in a small start-up environment, with big ambitions to become a global leader in hyper personalised education. You will have the opportunity to establish yourself as a leader in this field and a central figure in our growth strategy.
You will work directly with our CTO and Design team to bring our platform to life and to impact millions of kids and adolescents around the world managing Chronic illnesses like T1 diabetes, Asthma and Crohn’s Disease. The role will require an individual who has proven expertise in developing relational databases from conception.
- Produce components for a cross-platform health and wellbeing App
- Produce components for a modern, cloud-based software infrastructure
- Closely collaborate and clearly communicate across multi-disciplinary teams, including design and project management
- Working with designers on creating intuitive interactive interfaces, and delivering pixel perfect high quality and user-friendly app product
- Good attention to detail, keen to get stuck in and learn whatever needed for the work
- Accurately estimate and communicate the benefits, challenges, and constrains of a pioneering new interactive and/technical undertaking
- Good at time management and being a strong team player
- Providing support and input collaboratively
- Actively contribute to technical decisions through discussions, whiteboarding, evaluations, and investigations
- Whether you focus on front-end development, back-end development, or DevOps, ideally you will be comfortable working on any aspect of the development stack or aspire to be
We are mainly interested in how you work, not just what you know, so don’t worry too much if you don’t tick all the boxes.
Core proficiencies & ideal experience:
- Cross-platform Android/iOS App development stacks
- Web development stacks
- Node.js primarily using Java Script and to a lesser extent TypeScript
- React native primarily using TypeScript
- Knowledge of GraphQL
- Amazon Web Services
- Test Driven Development
- Git, Git Flow, Pull Requests
- Agile development methodologies
- Commercial experience
Desirable and additional skills:
- Swagger + API Gateway
- DevOps environments
- Containerisation using Docker
- Certifications (e.g. AWS, CEH)
- Serverless technologies such as AWS Lambda
- Knowledge of Node.js Express, Apollo
- Jira, Confluence
- Strong design patterns knowledge
- Healthcare-related software development
- Some creative skills (photography, design, crafty, etc.)
- Capable of using photoshop, Illustrator.
- Familiar with design applications like Sketch, Zeplin, etc.
- Personal portfolio demonstrating skills