Following successes in various product categories, our focus is now firmly on developing our fast-growing and internationally popular food & drink on-the-go designs – namely our premium ranges of lunch boxes and water bottles. We put our hearts and souls into every product we make and we want our customers to get as much enjoyment from using a Black+Blum product as we got from designing it.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced Graphic Designer (3+ years) to join our team as maternity cover from May 2020. The role will require strong project management skills as well as an interest in a variety of areas of Graphic Design. You will be required to work day-to-day with the Marketing Director, as well as regularly liaising with the Product Design and Sales departments on varying projects. You will be in charge of managing your own time and producing work to the exacting standards of the team.
We want someone with a passion for design and innovation, who asks the right questions and isn’t afraid to get stuck into any project that comes their way. As the only Graphic Designer in the company, the brand aesthetic and standards are channelled through everything you will do, so attention to detail is vital.
To apply for this role, please provide a short letter explaining why you would be the ideal candidate and a digital copy of your cv and portfolio.
The job will require designing for both digital and print in three main areas of the company:
- Packaging design – briefing the Product Designers on dielines, creating the box design and artworking for print
- Product photography & art direction – briefing external photographers, attending photoshoots, editing photographs and managing image bank
- Brochures – designing and artworking for print
- Point of sale designs – designing display material for shops
- Trade fair exhibition stand & material design
- Trade-focussed emailers and presentations
- Trade and commercial print advertising
- Office stationery – business cards, letterheads etc.
- Product launch campaigns – concept and creation of all product campaigns
- Digital marketing mailings – copywriting and proofing
- Social media management – directing a marketing team on social content
- Website design
- Video editing – Fine tuning our videos and translating text
- Software knowledge
- Ability to manage and work on multiple projects at once
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to produce accurate packaging prototypes
- Work well in a team
- Software knowledge
– After Effects
- Copywriting – for social and email marketing
- Eye for photography