Snook is a design studio built to make the world more human. We work with organisations to design more effective services which help people thrive. We do this with our design team, engaging with users, building digital products, training our clients, and much more.
In the past five years we’ve more than doubled in size to a team approaching 40 people, opened a new London studio, and worked with brilliant clients — from Cancer Research UK to Hackney City Council, Tesco to the Scottish Government.
We have big plans for the next three years and are seeking people who can join us, working with our partners and clients to design services that support people to thrive.
Below, you’ll find information on our requirements, the job responsibilities, our values, what we’re looking for, what we offer, and how to apply.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our lead design training role focuses on building literacy in user centred design with our clients at Snook and our partner company Northgate Public Services.
We have been training our clients for over ten years in design from the basics in prototyping to how to monitor services when they are live. We want to grow this capability into something special and are on the hunt for someone who can take existing practice into a launchable enterprise.
A major part of the role is delivering a programme of work across Northgate Public Services to deliver user-centred design training across the organisation and build capability. Additionally, building a community of user-centred design and practice across NPS.
This is an ideal role for someone with experience in service design and delivery who wants to focus on training and build a new offer.
You will be expected to have the following responsibilities:
– Own strategic accountability for our approach to design training at Snook with our clients
– Codify and build our training programmes and offer for our clients in user-centred design training
– Lead a programme of training work with our partner organisation Northgate Public Services , working alongside Snook expertise to provide deeper dive training
– Develop and own the end-to-end training experience for our participants from how they find out about it to how they use follow on learning materials
– Work with our communications design team to develop a brand that can grow and be sustained over time by the Snook team
– Lead Snook’s training offer development and re-launching it as a service in 2020
– Supporting NPS’s Chief Digital Officer to run a design community in Northgate
– Work with Snook to productise the team’s knowledge into training modules
– Develop a commercial model to align with Snook’s other services in the marketplace to include training
– Drive marketing and sales in our training offer with support of the wider Snook team
We’re keen to hear from a range of applicants who can demonstrate some, or all, of the following skills and experience:
– Experience of designing services and a range of project experience
– Track record of delivering design training (user-centred design, service design)
– Experience of user research
– Experience of delivering projects in an agile way, understanding how a project gets delivered and the key attributes of agile delivery
– Experience of setting up and running a design community
– Experience and strong examples of teaching people or education in design
– Experience of working on the inside of organisations and building user-centred capabilities whether with a department or whole organisation
– Experience of delivering training in a development environment
– Experience of developing new business proposals and costings options
– Skills in market research
– Proven ability to lead workshops and kick off sessions
– Self motivated, enthusiastic and inspirational
– Ability to code
– Some experience of commercialisation of services
Most importantly, you’re looking to join a lovely team and support us in delivering great design work. Definite bonus points include an appreciation for gifs and bad puns.
WHAT WE OFFER
You will be on a Northgate Public Services contract, working in the Snook studio. Alongside a competitive salary, we can offer a contract with the following benefits:
– Single Private Medical Cover (with the option to select family cover at an additional cost)
– 25 days paid holiday (includes 3 company nominated days) with the option to buy/sell up to 5 days
– 4 x basic salary life assurance cover
– A Group Pension Plan with fantastic employer contributions
– A selection of tax efficient flexible benefits to suit your individual needs
– Every Monday morning, we have a team breakfast where we eat together and share our ambitions for the week ahead
– We have a free membership to HeadSpace the mental health app
– We respect that people have commitments and provide flexible working hours through discussion
– We have an annual team-away retreat for us to come together as a company, taking time out to learn, reflect, and eat snacks.
– We spend a Friday together every quarter as one studio to run show and tells
HOW TO APPLY
We strive for diversity in our team. If we’re going to design services for the public we need to ensure our team is inclusive. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and ages.
The closing time and date for applications has been extended to 12 noon, Thursday 27 February 2020
Please submit a CV, cover letter and a short supporting example of your work in the format of an A4 document highlighting key projects. Send this to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title Hire me: Accessibility Lead.
In the covering letter, please tell us a little bit about yourself, why you would be a good candidate for the position, and why you want to work at Snook. Please also let us know where you saw this job advertised.
We will offer interviews at times that suit you, so if you have children, caring duties, or have to travel after work we’re happy to offer convenient times outside of work hours.
Please note, candidates must be able to demonstrate a pre-existing right to work and travel within the EU. Documentary evidence will be required. All offers are subject to satisfactory vetting and reference checks. All roles as standard undertake a Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) check, some roles may require additional vetting such as NPPV/MOD.
Northgate Public Services is an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all communities.