Since 2010 Active Minds have been researching and developing activities to improve the quality of life for people living with dementia. Our mission is and will continue to be, to create positive, mindfully designed, person-centred activity products and games to help enable connected relationships.
This is an amazing opportunity to join a rapidly growing company, currently supporting over half a million people with dementia across 11 countries. We work with some of the biggest names in the sector including Bupa, the NHS and The Alzheimer’s Society, as well as families caring at home.
As Active Minds, we have been thinking through our brand and position in the market from scratch. It’s such an exciting time to join this ambitious business and you’ll have a platform to learn, grow and kick-start your career in wellness and social innovation projects while working on different design processes and helping shape the brand’s identity. Plus, you’ll get to work at the heart of vibrant Shoreditch, within a 5 to 10 min walk from Shoreditch High street and Old street stations, in our new open-plan offices.
We are looking for a creative and passionate “all-rounder” graphic designer to join the Design Team at Active Minds for a period of six months. The role is great for someone who has experience working on both digital and print and who can customize a creative campaign across many different media channels on adherence to brand style guidelines. It involves designing from concept to delivery printed and digital material including packaging, catalogues, displays, web banners, newsletters, social ads and much more.
Full-time salary, depending on experience up to £25k. The position is temporary for a period of 6 months, Monday to Friday. Please send your CV and portfolio to email@example.com
Day to day
- Collaborate with the design team to ensure consistency of designs across various media outlets
- Create compelling and effective designs, print and digital media
- Working with and supporting the product and digital design team to visually translate the Active Minds identity across all our assets and content
- Work closely with our product development team, help out the design process from concept through to packaging and delivery
- Collaborate with the marketing and e-commerce teams to design stunning online and print marketing activities
- Management of workload across a broad range of projects and deadlines.
- Maintain awareness of current industry and technology standards, social media, competitive landscape and market trends
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or related field
- 1+ years of experience in graphic design
- Good knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Good digital design skills; understanding of digital media capabilities and limitations
- Understanding of brand and corporate guidelines
- Good layout and typographical skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Good Art-working skills; photo and video editing is a bonus
- Ability to produce quality work within a fast-paced environment meeting tight deadlines
- Effective time management skills
- Comfortable working both autonomously and within a team
- A keen interest in social innovation projects
- Native or highly proficient English
- Valid visa to work in the UK
- Portfolio of work
- 22 days holidays annual leave pro rata
- Team events, day out
- 5-10 min from zone 2 tube and overground stations
Because of the high volume of applications, we might not be able to reply to candidates who are not suitable for our needs.