Since launching in 1989, CMC Markets has become one of the world’s leading online CFD and financial spread betting providers, with nearly 66.8 million trades executed annually across Europe, Asia Pacific and North America.
CMC Markets’ success is founded on its ability to deliver a wide range of trading products and experiences to our customers in our pursuit to be the most customer-centric trading platform in the world. This means our clients don’t need to go to a forex broker, futures broker or a commodities broker to trade different instruments, they can trade them all through one trading platform. CMC Markets has pioneered the development of online trading in markets around the world to become a world leading spread betting and CFD provider.
Based in the city of London we are at the heart of both the financial service and technology industries. We’re a growing team, currently investing heavily in digital people, creatives and technology. If you’re looking to accelerate your career and be part of something special this is the role for you.
We are looking for highly talented Product Designer to join our in-house Design & UX team. Working alongside data analysts, designers and developers, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to contribute to key interactive experiences and flows, ensuring consistent and engaging interactions for our consumers though all our multi-device experiences. This is a crucial role that sits with the product managers, the engineering team and, most importantly, our customers.
• Work directly on the user experience and UI of several products, with a focus on web.
• Embrace user insights and demonstrate strategic thinking and outstanding design skills to create intuitive and inventive experiences that will define the future of our brand
• Collaborate daily with a diverse set of specialists from SEO managers, visual designers, project managers, writers, developers and a variety of stakeholders to deliver outstanding digital experiences
• Take ownership of one or more parts of the user experience: mapping user journeys and designing interactions and interfaces
• Create clear documentation (including UX design rules, paper and click-through prototypes) that fosters engaging and interactive user experiences
• Support in user experience research and usability studies
• Participate in regular design reviews and other team-wide design efforts as well as help drive the understanding and importance of UX across the organization
• Execute against multiple work streams in a fast-paced, challenging environment and deliver sound, conceptually-based, iconic experiences
• Create and share documentation of UX progress, updates and findings within the team and across the organization
• Explore a variety of user experience design directions in a rapid iterative fashion, incorporating feedback from users and other members of the team
• Deliver and test products that span all project phases from concept and design through to production using sketches, wireframes, low and hi-fidelity comps, user and interaction flows, lo-fi and hi-fi prototypes, specs, guidelines and production-ready assets
• Collaborates and influences cross-functional teams to deliver a world-class customer experience
• Investigate and analyze data from our users and transpose this into solutions and results
• Can work on responsive designs with the mobile first design approach
• Analyze user interface problems and create on-brand design solutions that meet measurable business goals and requirements
• Quickly yet thoroughly create process flows, wireframes, and visual design mockups as needed to effectively conceptualize and communicate detailed interaction behaviors
• Develop and maintain detailed user-interface specifications
• Creating prototypes as the primary canvas for communicating ideas, both internally and externally
• Constantly testing ideas with real customers by building testing into a weekly cadence to constantly validate and refine ideas while also collecting new insights
• Creating low and high fidelity designs combining both interaction and visual design skills
KEY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Photoshop & Illustrator
• Sketch & InVision
• Experience with creating and maintaining a Design System.
• Animation tool such as AE or Principle.
• Be an analytical thinker with an aptitude for learning and sharing new skills
• Some experience with user research or usability testing
• A solid understanding and experience of working to brand guidelines
• Technical understanding of HTML/CSS and JS.
• Meticulous and good attention to detail.
• Fast and reliable with high standards.
• Excellent communicator, skilled in explaining and defending your work when required; showing confidence in your own abilities and ideas
• Self-motivated and driven; able to act on own initiative
• Solid multi-tasking and organization skills
• Is on the cusp of design trends for all platforms
• Evidence of your work that demonstrates excellent UX and UI design skills for systems, web, emails
Desirable criteria (we would by no means exclude anyone who does not have these skills)
• Native app design understanding