About Burgon & Ball
With a unique 290-year heritage and a portfolio of premium brands, Burgon & Ball is a successful, award-winning business. We’re based in the UK and also have a strong export focus, and as part of a global tools business, we’re ambitious and targeting strong growth. Gardening is a great sector to work in. It’s a social and collaborative sector, packed with friendly and creative people and a focus on improving health and wellbeing, caring for the environment, and beautifying our surroundings. At Burgon & Ball we aim to understand our gardening consumers and give them the best tools, to really make a difference to how much pleasure they can get from their hobby.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for a talented graphic designer, brimming with creative flair, who is able to apply their knowledge of print, packaging and photography across a range of projects, in a fast-paced environment. As the primary generator of all graphic design, you will be part of a small friendly team. We work together, sharing our knowledge and skills but equally you’ll be able to work independently when needed. With an eye for detail, you will have experience of taking design projects from concept to print-ready artwork and through to execution – with responsibility for ensuring the end product is of the highest quality. Day-to-day you will be working across a number of projects including packaging design, point of sale, e-shots and working on images for online use. You will also be responsible for maintaining the brand identity, styling and planning photography, generating annual catalogues and layout designs for trade show stands. As part of a small team you will work closely with marketing, sales and product development to achieve the highest standard of work.
• 2-4 years of industry experience in a similar role
• Professional knowledge of Adobe CC
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Digital design skills and 3D software knowledge is a plus
• Passionate about design and proactive for learning new skills
• Awareness of current and upcoming trends within the industry and beyond
• Strong communication skills with an ability to articulate your conceptual ideas to colleagues and clients
• Working experience of liaising with printers and suppliers
• Ability to work to a set budget with a commercial awareness
• Impeccable eye for detail
• Superb typography and layout design
• Excellent project and production management
• Awareness of trends and developments in materials and print technology
• Market and competitor awareness
Based at our Bournemouth sales and marketing office, this exciting permanent role offers a competitive package for the right candidate.
If this role sounds like the challenge you’ve been looking for, please apply by emailing your CV plus any other information you would like us to consider (covering letter, project portfolio, etc.) to email@example.com. Strictly no agencies.