Well-known high-end fashion brand are on the lookout for a fresh, creative designer for their in-house studio.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a confident and experienced Creative Designer to join an in-house team within a client facing office, for a large print group.
This demanding, but rewarding, role is based on site at the Head Office in Central London. It goes without saying that you’ll be a talented creative with natural design flair who can always find a solution, no matter what the brief is.
As a Designer for a well-known fashion brand on the high street, you’ll need to be a quick creative thinker, with a keen eye for detail. This is a hands on, fast paced role, where you will not only be designing concepts, but be able to produce print ready artwork, so a high level of skill in Adobe Creative Suite is essential. It’s important you can demonstrate a clear passion for design within the fashion and retail sector, and you’ll have a strong portfolio that you will present at interview.
Key Qualities, Skills and Responsibilities
• Work collaboratively with the client, account manager and in-house designers to concept and develop ideas for seasonal marketing campaigns.
• Design and deliver key creative and commercial messages, to include window displays, instore POS, lookbooks, promotional and event literature, magazine advertisements, internal documents and local marketing.
• Ensure design consistency across multiple channels, ensuring all teams have a clear understanding of how each season should be delivered.
• Take and develop briefs from the client, so you’ll need to be an excellent communicator.
• Manage the workflow of your projects through the studio, ensuring all work is completed on deadline.
• Have an excellent knowledge of artworking for print, with the ability to take projects from initial concept through to final print ready files where required.
• Present and discuss ideas in design critiques and attend client meetings, so you’ll be happy to take and give feedback.
• Have a keen awareness for fashion and retail trends to ensure all creative is current, exciting and maintains customer engagement.
• A degree in Graphic Design or similar.
• At least 4 years’ experience working within an agency or and in-house design focused environment.
• Experience of marketing design is desirable along with an understanding of retail space and customer journeys.
• An ability to deliver and implement creative ideas across multiple channels.
• Collaborative skills to work closely with the retail client and the internal design team.
• A natural eye for typography, colour, layout, photography and branding.
• A first-class knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator.
• Print process/production knowledge is desirable.
• Retouching skills would be beneficial.
• An ability to work on multiple projects concurrently and prioritise workload under pressure.
• Sound knowledge of all office applications.
• Mac user.
• Be an extremely creative person and a conceptual thinker who is not afraid to push boundaries.
• Have a clear passion for design in fashion retail and marketing.
• Have excellent attention to detail and be self-motivated.
• Be a strong team player and communicator who can lead and inspire.
• Be client focused and always strive to provide an exceptional service.
• Be organised, proactive and enthusiastic.
• Work in an efficient way with excellent time management.
• Be able to work under pressure in a deadline driven environment within which you’ll be dedicated and happy to do what is required to meet the brief.