FLOWERBX began when founder and CEO, Whitney Bromberg Hawkings realised flowers were the one thing she couldn’t buy online in an elegant, consistent way. Leaving her position as Senior Vice President of Communications at TOM FORD, she boldly took on a new direction and created the concept of FLOWERBX; to offer a chic alternative to the traditional bouquet, offering single-stem flowers with quality and freshness at the top of the agenda. Since 2015, FLOWERBX has gone on to redefine the flower industry. It has been described as ‘The Net-a-Porter of the flower business’ by making flowers convenient and accessible to purchase online, whilst bringing joy and beauty into the everyday through the love of flowers. Watch this space.
The FLOWERBX Creative team are now seeking a talented Graphic Designer to join the team based in our West London offices. The role would suit a graphic designer with a diverse portfolio who wants to learn new skills as they work across a diverse range of projects which involve many different types of design.
Reporting into the Creative Director, you will be responsible for supporting the team across marketing, social, email, digital/product design, seasonal campaigns, product launches, editorial design and content production. The work is exciting, creative and often fast paced and the ideal candidate will work efficiently, be proactive, use intuition and be passionate about creating and outputting creative to the highest possible calibre.
• Work on a diverse range of projects including marketing collateral, social media, retouching, printed promotional items, event invitations, presentations, and motion.
• Design various digital products including landing pages, product pages, editorial features and marketing emails.
• Produce editorial layouts for The Cut, FLOWERBX’s online magazine, creating layouts with a strong sense of typography, colour and layout.
• Liaise and work with the UX & Tech teams to handover digital products in a way which can be put into development whilst providing a simple, intuitive and refined user experience to our customers.
• Digital design across a variety of projects from conception through to deployment.
• Prepare and deliver assets for use online.
• Adhere to the FLOWERBX visual brand identity ensuring this is central and consistent in all creative projects that we produce.
• Attend stills/video shoots, aiding the team in content production and product photography.
• Act as a daily support to the Creative Director and wider team.
• Impeccable taste and creative approach to design, with a fantastic portfolio showing a great eye for layout, imagery, typography and colour – along with examples of work with motion and video.
• An enthusiastic, driven, and highly motivated designer, with a strong sensibility for the fashion aesthetic.
• Ability to work quickly from concept creation to finished product.
• Ability to identify and interpret graphic design needs and follow a brief.
• Ability to multitask and work across multiple projects simultaneously to ensure deadlines are met whilst being able to adapt to changing priorities.
• Must be detail orientated, highly organised, pro-active, and self-motivated.
• Pro-active and able to show initiative and ideas which improve the quality of our creative output and platforms.
• Communicating and collaborating with the wider team, including senior management and key stakeholders, talking about your work and articulating the thinking behind it.
• A passion for graphic design, editorial design, photography, typography, layout, and art direction.
• Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator etc.) and interest in new technology, processes and developments.
• Animation skills – bringing imagery to life with animation, ideally using After Effects or similar programs.
• Good knowledge of digital design with a proven experience of designing for the web.
• Create pixel perfect designs to ensure that our high quality of creative and production is upheld.
• An understanding or interest of the industry’s talent including photographers, videographers, and set designers.
• Knowledge of print processes and production.
• Photoshoot experience would be an advantage but not necessary.
TOOLS & SOFTWARE
• Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)
• Prototyping experience (Principle, Framer, InVision)