Bridebook is the UK’s leading wedding planning app and website, backed by some of the smartest investors out there and headquartered in the heart of Notting Hill. We are seeking an experienced Digital Designer to help shape the future of our product as we continue to take the wedding industry by storm. You will be responsible for leading and growing our design team and ensuring our product is designed to make wedding planning as intuitive, fun and rewarding as it should be. Since launching our site in 2016, we now have 1 in 2 engaged couples in the UK using Bridebook to plan their wedding, have been featured by the App Store, New York Times and the BBC, and we’re only just getting started!
You should be capable of orchestrating an end-to-end design process (research and ideation through to high-fidelity prototyping), bringing in strong UX, UI and visual design experience. You will be leading our design efforts and working hand-in-hand with our engineering and product teams to build and deliver an outstanding product.
– Lead, manage and grow the design team
– Work closely with other members of the overall team to continuously improve and evolve the product and design process
– Work closely with product managers and developers to help produce a product that satisfies business, technical and UX constraints
– Work towards carrying out effective user testing and using the results to help shape our product decisions
– Collaboratively develop a product with continuous iterations, based on effective research and data analysis
– Create sketches, prototypes, wireframes, user flows and UI interactions for app as well as mobile and desktop web
– Communicate and advocate for product design within the wider team
– You have 5+ years’ experience designing digital products (app/web) in a commercial environment
– You have experience managing people and processes
– You are ambitious and keen to develop, both as a designer and as a manager
– You have experience designing apps as well as mobile and desktop web; you have a mobile-first mindset
– You have strong UI/UX skills
– You have experience using Sketch, Figma, InVision, Principle/Framer or similar
– You have experience working directly with developers on design implementation (basic coding knowledge is a plus here)
– You always take into account the technical implications of your design decisions
– You are ultimately responsible for design decisions, but are always able to talk through and defend those ideas
– You have a portfolio that demonstrates strategic problem solving as well as your experience creating successful, user-centric products
WHAT WE OFFER:
Bridebook is a high-growth, fast paced tech startup and we’re looking for someone to jump in and take on a new challenge. We believe in building a fantastic team and creating an exciting and unique workplace and company culture. Bridebook can offer you the opportunity to grow and develop your skills into new areas while working within a vibrant, social and collaborative environment – interacting with various talented teams of people who love what they do.
Generous holiday allowance: Bridebook operates enhanced holiday allowance increasing for every completed year of employment. We also offer a paid Christmas shutdown break between 25 December – 1 January. All this is in addition to bank holidays and company holiday days.
Team events: We have many social activities, team events, and annual company summits
Amazing culture: Free team lunch and evening cocktails every Friday, casual dress code, a constant supply of fruits, snacks, sweet treats, and tea/coffee