The speed read:
Our client, a successful content marketing agency, has an opening for an experienced writer to join some of the best in B2B and tech.
The work stands out for its voice and personality. They also care about how it looks and the right medium for the right job. You might be writing for animation, film, infographics, storytelling, blogs, web, e-books; anything that can be digitally launched.
Day-to-day, you will be working with clients, designers, other writers and strategists to understand your client’s business and respond to their content marketing briefs. The clients are all in tech, and the work is focused on B2B marketing. You’ll need to be very familiar writing for either – ideally both – of those sectors. You’ll tell every story with down to earth clarity and wit, simplifying some of the most complex technology and services around. You are competent at research and appreciate its importance in trying to get into a client’s head.
The work is varied, and you’ll be joining a highly creative bunch of people that care very much about bringing to life something that may on the surface appear complex and intractable. That is the challenge on which you’ll thrive. It really is one of the nicest, most collaborative work cultures you’ll find. It’s nurturing, positive and fun, but focused.
– A seasoned writer, able to turn your hand to short or long copy
– Able to become an expert on your client (and their world) quickly
– Fascinated by tech and brilliant at making it into a good story
– A Tone of Voice talent
– A minimum of 3 years writing in B2B or tech, or both – ideally within a creative agency
– A well organised folio of work or a collection of pieces that shows some versatility
– An engaging spirit and a positive attitude
– Boundless curiosity
You’re a tech nerd and a people-person in equal measures.