Igloo is looking for an ambitious and experienced designer to lead our design team. We are a creative & digital agency that specialises in brand identities, graphic design and beautiful web development (sometimes of complex systems). We believe in beauty through function and that great design outlives trends. Our vision is to build and develop the design team’s ethos, processes and output and we are looking for a motivated Senior Graphic Designer/Lead to help us achieve this.
We have a broad range of clients and work hard to simultaneously grow with existing clients and bring on new opportunities. We have award winning work and strive to achieve simplicity and elegance wherever we can. We get a buzz from doing things that people haven’t done before, doing them better, exceeding our client’s expectations, and from having a good time doing it.
We want our studio members to be inquisitive, open and driven. Everyone contributes to each of our projects in some way, so collaboration and communication is important to us. We don’t expect you to meet all of these requirements, but here is a list of what our Creative Lead would ideally be:
– a driving force and able to guide the creative direction of the studio with autonomy
– a conceptual, creative and strategic thinker with the ability to develop and refine designs
– someone with a deep understanding of branding, UI/UX design, graphic design and print
– someone who can communicate well, about their work, about other’s work, about the client, to the client and when having fun
– excited to shape the creative department, manage and mentor members of the team and play a key role in developing the creative output of the studio
– strategically minded whilst being able to craft and obsess over the detail
– a team player, sociable, excitable, enjoyable
– someone who can work collaboratively to manage and deliver projects, liaise with clients, and support the directors in growing the business and building the client base
– a person who looks forward not backward, who understands the history but thinks we can do better
– someone who knows that in a small business there are lots of possibilities
We are based on just off Broadway Market in East London. We have subsidised lunches that we eat together around the table most days, Friday drinks, seasonal socials and the occasional pub quiz!
Even though we are a small studio we are a strong believer in supporting our employees through their career, including good maternity pay and generous holiday that builds over time. Igloo is also committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer..
To apply please go to www.igloo.co/survey/creative-lead-2019
We look forward to hearing from you!