Reports to: Head of Video
Pay band G, £44k-59k
This position is based at our office in London
Application deadline: Sunday 3rd November at 10pm
Please note that although we have a cut-off date for applications, 59 Productions will be reviewing CV’s and conducting interviews throughout the period so applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
59 Productions is a world-leader in designing and delivering large-scale video and animation work for audiences across the globe. Working inside leading theatres, opera houses, museums, and stadiums, as well as projection mapping the facades of iconic architecture including the Washington Monument and the Guggenheim Museum Bilbao, 59 are the go-to team for generating creative and technical ideas to realise ambitious artistic projects.
We work collaboratively to challenge traditional methods and push the boundaries of what can be achieved – exploring new technologies including XR, real time animation and interactive media.
59 has showcased the work of our select team of 20+ in-house designers and animators to live audiences in the hundreds of thousands, all of 59’s work is unified by a singular desire to combine art and technology to tell amazing stories.
If you want to lead the design and animation of highly-visible, distinctive shows, working with an exceptional team of designers, architects, artists, composers and technicians, then this demanding and thrilling job could be for you.
We are searching for a hands-on Art Director/Senior Video Designer to join our existing team who can take projects from brief through to production, conceiving and presenting a clear and inspiring design response, then leading a creative team through the complex process of production and delivery.
A successful candidate will see their work presented on a world stage, often at huge scale and amidst a blaze of international publicity. It is a job that will reward the most talented, ambitious and dedicated artist with international exposure for their work of outstanding quality.
In this leadership role, and as a core member of the senior design team, you will take a proactive approach in helping to guide the professional and creative development of 59’s wider design team as we take a collaborative approach to continually developing our shared practice.
• A highly motivated design professional with at least 2 years of leading design and animation projects
• An exceptional visual designer and animator, with both 2d and 3d workflow skills
• An inspiring leader of artistic teams, with the communication skills and interest to collaborate effectively across departments and disciplines
• An passionate presenter, effective at delivering creative and design ideas and enthusing clients and stakeholders
• A keen interest in live performance and public art projects, and working closely with music and musicians
• Minimum 2 years professional experience leading teams in a design & animation environment
• Minimum 7 years professional experience at a high level in the industry
• Excellent skills in Adobe Creative suite
• Experience working with 2d and 3d animation teams
• Excellent English and verbal/written communication skills
Please apply through our website: https://59productions.co.uk/jobs/