At Loaf we make insanely comfy sofas, beds and other laid-back wares that help people lead happier, more relaxed lives. Having reached £50m turnover, we’re looking for a super-talented web designer to join our in-house creative team.
Through your mastery of web design, you’ll help us craft one of the most beautiful and effective websites in the business. You’ll conceive clever banners and digital assets for our online marketing to ensure we communicate to our customers brilliantly all year round. And your obsession with all things digital will extend into the physical world as you help us prepare digital ads for our out-of-home campaigns.
If you are an extremely hardworking web designer who has the passion to make great things happen then we’d love to hear from you. We’re a quirky, one-of-a-kind brand growing at a rate of knots, based in lovely new offices in Ladbroke Grove.
* Be the design lead on all web development projects
* Conceptualise and design beautiful but highly effective web pages (that work as brilliantly on mobile and tablet as they do on desktop)
* Design all banners for the website to support key marketing campaigns
* Craft display banner ads for online advertising
* Stay abreast of web design best practice
* Prepare and send digital and print ads to media owners for out-of-home campaigns
* Support on ad-hoc creative briefs as and when required
Skills and Attributes
* Degree in Graphic Design is a must (this is a creative role not a web development role!)
* A mastery of the principles of kick-ass web design (you may even be thinking of writing a book about it)
* A strong understanding of website UX best practice, responsive design and what websites are and are not technically capable of (some HTML5 knowledge would be very helpful!)
* Have a passion for all things digital
* Illustrator, In-Design, Photoshop skills required; hand-drawn illustration a nice bonus!
* Portfolio packed with strong conceptual ideas as well as fresh layout designs
* A relentless curiosity to solve complex problems
* Self-critical and confident enough to try out new ideas and cast most of them aside in order to find a gem
* Excellent communication skills and an ability to connect and influence people across all areas of the business (so you need to be able to laugh at yourself!)
* Adept at working under pressure in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment (we know, every job ad says that!)
* A real stickler for detail, understanding that the sum of every detail makes a huge difference
* A mastery of Adobe Creative Suite especially Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator
And, most importantly of all, you absolutely must be an all-round good egg, with a real can-do attitude and a willingness to get on with the job and make great things happen.
If you haven’t heard from us within 2 weeks, then unfortunately you have not been successful on this occasion.
If you are interested and think you fit the bill please email a cover letter, CV and portfolio to email@example.com.