Are you a talented designer with an interest in marketing? Do you want to design a creative portfolio from scratch, whilst also improving your all-round digital content skillset? And do you eventually want to take full ownership of a successful start-up’s branding, therefore being instrumental in growing the company’s visual identity?
Tech Circus is one of the UK’s fastest-growing event and training start-ups. We create education and networking events that focus on the markets of User Experience, Design and Product. Founded in 2015, our flagship meetup ‘The UX Crunch’ has quickly grown to become one of Europe’s leading UX events. We now operate this meetup in London, Manchester, Amsterdam & Berlin. Alongside this we curate and organise annual conferences in London: UX LIVE, The FinTech Design Summit (also now in New York), The eCommerce Design Summit & The BAD Conference.
You will liaise directly with our Marketing Manager and be responsible for developing all brand creative concepts that can be executed into an integrated marketing strategy, across all necessary media. A strong creative portfolio is a must and a willingness to learn and understand digital advertising is important. You will also get involved in copywriting & video editing when time allows, or as you grow into the role.
We require a designer who is not afraid to get stuck into the start-up life, which means sometimes working across different disciplines. You’ll need to be a versatile, jack-of-all-trades on the creative front and will also need to be prepared to artwork brochures and banners to spec, take photos at our events, write social content, design HTML emails, manage a content library and more marketing materials.
This is an incredible opportunity to join a fast-paced organisation and rapidly expanding team; getting immediately involved in a creative role that has unparalleled autonomy, responsibility and ownership. With very few BAU tasks, there is the chance to implement your fresh ideas and steer creative direction from the off. Your work will continually see direct return of investment; as the company grows and our audience expands due to your work attracting new business and sales.
Responsibilities will include:
Creating and developing concepts, designs and artwork for marketing collateral and branding across all of Tech Circus’ media channels, digital & print. Building on and eventually taking full ownership of the company Brand Guidelines, by adding new design elements and enforcing consistency across outward-facing media.
Content creation: help to write or source blogs, design shareable GIFs or infographics, and other creative promotional elements.
Managing social media: Produce high-quality, thought-provoking digital content to engage our existing audience and help us engage a new audience. (Mainly Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram but also our website, YouTube & more).
Assisting the Marketing Manager & Freelancers in documenting events and editing post-event collateral.
Email campaigns: designing new HTML formats to create added value to emails. Assist the marketing manager in building up subscriber base for emails.
• Graduate degree (or similar relevant qualifications)
• Advanced knowledge of full Adobe Creative Suite: notably Photoshop, inDesign, Illustrator,
Premier Pro in addition to Canva & Microsoft Office.
• Good writing ability: ability to write creatively and adapt quickly to different platforms
• Competence using Google Suite – gmail/sheets/docs/calendar
• Creative mindset: ability to take the initiative and lead on the company’s design choices
• Experience in creating social media posts and content (preferred)
• Passion for digital is a big advantage – UX/Design/SEO/Creative Design/Future Tech
• Basic HTML knowledge (not essential but desirable)
• Understanding of WordPress (not essential but desirable)
• Competitive salary
• Flexible start time
• Opportunity to work from home – conditional
• Chance to build a brand’s entire look & feel with complete autonomy & ownership
• Free office beer/cider taps, on-site barista making free coffee, lots of fun staff socials &
• Free gym membership
• Employee of the month benefits!
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, please reach out for further details at
We are accepting applications and ready to hire immediately, so can make a decision quickly for the
NO AGENCIES ON THIS POSITION