A-COLD-WALL* is looking for a progressive Graphic Designer responsible for creating a modern collection of graphic artworks with a strong fashion direction.
A sophisticated, structured direction and design philosophy as a foundation will be essential, primarily working within the mediums of print design & graphic design.
• Research, design and develop new concepts for a collection.
• Follow creative direction and actively propose artworks and concepts.
• Manage, inspire and develop within a team of garment designers, product designers and photographers.
• Gather research, create mood boards, generate ideas, artworks and launch artworks.
• Design and develop graphics that fill the brief and are fit for purpose for the customer, brand and business and generate the ‘wow’ factor.
• Have a great understanding of brands, catwalk collections, luxury markets from street style to high end nationally and internationally to identify trends and opportunities.
• Work collaboratively with cross functional teams – menswear, product development, E-commerce, accessories & creative direction.
• Utilise appropriate and innovative techniques and processes to deliver prototypes and products.
• Adhere to the corporate calendars and critical path.
• Work as part of a strong, dynamic design team to be market leaders.
• Create graphics and intricate placed artworks using a range of techniques & computer programs.
• Support Textile team members as a team to ensure that the overall “design concept” is achieved
The Ideal Candidate:
• Strong concept, research and creative skills – key understanding of the modern zeitgeist.
• Great free-hand drawing, collage, imaging making and photographic skills.
• Exceptional Illustrator, InDesign & Photoshop Skills – 3D modelling skills are a bonus.
• Moderate knowledge regarding print for garment construction.
• Knowledge of design, development and implementation.
• Passion for typography, architecture, industrial design, fashion and product knowledge
• Knowledge of trends, the market, peer awareness and knows the educated luxury consumer.
• Commercial awareness.
• Can operate at pace and with a sense of urgency within start up culture.
• Ability to communicate with functional experts in design, print, fabric, and product development.
• Strong communication and influencing skills.
• Attention to detail.
• Some management experience preferable.
• Graphic Design BA/MA or Printed Fashion MA or degree within the relative fields.
• 3 plus years professional experience within the industry preferable.
Please apply with portfolio link.
A-COLD-WALL* is a multi Award winning forward thinking luxury menswear brand operating between the space of industrial design, Installation art and performance led seasonal runway collections.
Founded by Samuel Ross in 2015, the young brand has amassed a core global audience, whilst frequently collaborating with Super brands such as Nike, Converse, & Diesel, to culturally in-tune Artists and eclectic individuals including Fragment Design, Daniel Arsham, Virgil Abloh, Futura & Takashi Murakami.