Graphic Designer (Multimedia)
Harrogate, North Yorkshire
Yorkshire Cancer Research is one of the most exciting and innovative charities in the UK. The charity is a leading funder of cancer research in the region and has a track record of supporting ground-breaking projects and clinical trials to help prevent cancer and increase survival. We are working to save an extra 2,000 lives a year in Yorkshire.
Yorkshire Cancer Research is entering an exciting period in its development. As part of this we are expanding our team at our Head Office and a number of new roles are being created. We are currently looking for a Graphic Designer to join us and act as the in-house creative lead for the charity.
– Competitive salary
– Pension scheme
– Private medical insurance
– 25 days’ holiday plus Bank Holidays
– Offices within walking distance of the train station/free onsite parking
If you are an experienced Graphic Designer with a background in delivering marketing projects or campaigns, this is an exciting opportunity to support Yorkshire Cancer Research in creating a strong and consistent brand identity that will engage target audiences and support us in achieving our key strategic aims.
We’ve got a strong set of values that inform everything we do and we’re looking for people who are aligned with these. As our Graphic Designer, you will strive for excellence in everything you do, have integrity, champion expertise through improvement and innovation and be a great team player.
As a Graphic Designer, you will produce high-quality designs to support all aspects of Yorkshire Cancer Research’s work (both internal and external).
Working with the Head of Marketing and Marketing Team, you will:
– Advance our marketing and communications agenda by creating digital and social assets
– Create collateral including charity literature, stationery, flyers, leaflets, presentations, adverts, banners, digital banners, social assets and exhibition graphics
– Help evolve our capability in photographic, digital and video content
– Take project briefs and lead these from initial briefing stage through to final creative
– Act as the custodian of our brand ‘library’ including our photographic and video outputs
To join us as a Graphic Designer, you will need:
– At least five years’ experience of working as a Graphic Designer
– A proven track record of creating high-quality designs and delivering marketing projects and/or campaigns, from initial brief through to final creative
– Experience of working in an agency or marketing organisation or team
– Previous experience of working with clients, both internal and external, and handling stakeholder feedback
– Evidence of proactively advancing your career through continued professional development relevant to the role and level
– A degree level qualification in a design-related discipline
Experience of using online email creation software would be beneficial, as would experience of video, 3D graphics, animation sequences and motion graphics. Knowledge of UX and UI design, HTML and CSS or filming and photography would also be an advantage.
Other organisations may call this role Designer, Multimedia Designer, Digital Designer, Marketing Designer, Artworker, Graphic Artist or Creative Designer.
Webrecruit and Yorkshire Cancer Research are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next step as a Graphic Designer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.