ABOUT THE ROLE
This is a very busy and exciting creative role within the Primary Design team within our English Language Teaching division. You will have the opportunity to work on some of our most important and market-leading educational materials for children aged 3-12 learning English worldwide. You will lead on the design of highly illustrated content, and be responsible for managing projects all the way from initial concept through to final delivery, using your business skills and creative thinking.
The role is varied, and includes working across existing brands as well as forming new ones. It involves producing layouts, templates and cover designs, branding for print and digital products, guidelines for marketing collateral, and managing external suppliers.
As a good communicator you will be confident when presenting ideas to colleagues and receptive to developing ideas as part of a cross-functional team. Your portfolio will show a broad range of concept design, typographic, layout and visualizing skills with a solid understanding of print and digital.
• Degree in Design or equivalent
• Experience of project management including managing freelance suppliers
• Professional design experience in publishing
• Knowledge of pre-press and production techniques
• Advanced knowledge of Adobe CC InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator. Knowledge of other CC applications a plus
• Ability to prioritize and manage a challenging workload in order to meet deadlines.
• Good knowledge of automation techniques in InDesign
• Experience in creating digital product and an understanding of XML, HTML5 and CSS
• Understanding of UI and UX theories in relation to design solutions
• Experience of negotiating fees and managing budgets
• Experience of ELT Design.
Please provide examples of your work when applying, either as a PDF or as a link to your portfolio website (Mac users – please ensure that any uploaded files have appropriate file extensions and can be viewed on a PC).
We care about work life balance here at OUP, with this in mind we offer 25 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays), and a 35-hour working week, along with the flexibility to start and finish late or early as required. The environment you work in and your wellbeing is really important to us so we also have a wide range of facilities including: a canteen that serves a wide variety of healthy and delicious meals, a subsidized onsite gym and subsidized coffee shops. Amongst further benefits, our pension contribution is up to 11%.
We believe that the skills you bring to OUP are just a starting point. We want you to have the opportunity to expand your abilities, and to innovate and develop in areas which both interest you, and support your aspirations.
If you have any queries please contact: email@example.com
HOW TO APPLY
Please visit: https://jobs.oup.com/uk/jobs/vacancy/designer-1141-oxford/1159/description/
Closing date: 17th June 2019
We’re committed to supporting diversity in our workforce, and ensuring an inclusive environment where all individuals can thrive. We seek to employ a workforce representative of the markets that we serve and encourage applications from all.