The speed read:
A digital agency that works in immersive multimedia design is looking for a Motion Design Director to head up a team that works specifically on architecture related projects.
You’ll be joining a 50 strong wider team working at the forefront of cutting-edge experiential design. Pioneering in their creation of digital installations, as well as experimenting with the capabilities of AI, the work blends creativity and technology beautifully.
You’ll work primarily alongside the Executive Creative Director to guide a team that brings concepts that lie at the heart of architecural briefs being pitched and produced around the globe to life through moving image and VR. You’ll strive to bring super smart thinking and convincing vision to and endeavour to meet clients’ objectives and to fulfil the studio’s own creative ambitions. You will also report to the Production Operations Director and help with relaying briefs and vision to the production team.
The agency works across briefs that bridge a wide range of multimedia projects, techniques and styles, but this role is particularly focused on making films. The agency as a whole have a broad range of clients covering sectors such as property, hospitality and arts & culture, but your work will be particularly focused on the conceptual end of projects within the built environment. As such, projects are usually fairly big in scale and can range from installations and immersive experiences, to brand identities and digital products. A particular focus is placed on narrative design and moving image, so experience in this area is key.
– Highly versed in cutting edge design in an always evolving technological landscape
– Hugely focused, responsible and organised
– Brilliant at delivering on time large projects with substantial budgets
– A strong communicator with both clients and team, someone who can enthuse as well as manage expectations
– Adept at Adobe CS, particularly motion packages
– Substantial art directing/creative directing experience (8+ years) in both still and moving image, within a creative agency
– Strong motion design and some editing skills
– Previously managed complex, high profile projects (and enjoyed leading a team along the way)
– The ability to adapt well to changing priorities
– A particular interest in working with emerging tech and VR
– A passion for architecture
Imagination and agility