Mindwave Ventures (mindwaveventures.com) are rethinking, reshaping and redesigning how technology is used to create impact at scale within healthcare.
The team are seeking a UX designer with a strong background in user research to join the team full time. You will work closely with designers, users and clients to facilitate conversations and ensure the products we create are useful, usable and valuable.
Projects you will work across may include, but are not limited to:
• A clinical assessment app for developing countries
• A personal health record platform for mental health services
• A software platform that facilitates discussions in hospital appointments
• Apps for healthcare research
You will work alongside our Lead Designer and collaborate with the team on all activities below.
• Conduct user research (in-depth interviews, designing surveys, collating and presenting results)
• Facilitate discovery, design and strategy workshops
• Write reports to consolidate the outputs, findings and recommendations
• Synthesise insights and identify user needs
• Translate user needs into user stories for development
• Map out user journeys and service blueprints
• Create clickable prototypes for user testing
• Engage with clients, presenting work to date and insights
• Design and create presentations, reports, style guides and assets
Skills and experience – must haves:
• Confidence and experience facilitating conversations and workshops
• Experience designing and conducting face to face and remote user testing
• An interest in data and evidence and how to use it to improve products and processes
• Experience using Adobe Creative tools such as InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop and Sketch
• Experience of creating interactive experiences for apps (mobile & tablet) and web (mobile, tablet and desktop)
• Solid understanding of UX principles
• Incredible attention to detail
• On top of the latest digital trends and standards, including accessibility principles
• Able to work remotely as an individual as well as in a team setting
• Have worked in an Agile environment
• Experience across multiple user testing tools and platforms
• Have used a wide variety of user research and testing methods – e.g. in-depth interviews, surveys, workshops, remote testing, analysis
• Data visualisation experience is a bonus, but not a must
Mindwave Ventures are making an impact in the world of health and wellbeing by creating products and services that truly meet the needs of our users.
We value testing and learning above all else, using good design and evidence to drive our projects forward.
We’re an incredibly passionate and energetic team consisting of designers, researchers, project managers and developers. We work closely with clinicians and other third parties to ensure we are utilising the best brains in the biz – across a multitude of sectors.
If you want to come and make a big change in a small place, we’d love to hear from you.
To apply, please send us:
• CV – showing your key skills, interests and personality
• Short cover letter – why is working at Mindwave right for you?
• Portfolio of UX and UI – showcasing a select number of projects that show your work in the field.