WEB DESIGNER / DEVELOPER INTERNSHIP
We need a talented & versatile Web Designer / Developer Intern to join our team for three months over the summer and & work across a wide variety of tasks, including:
– UI & UX design for mobile, tablet and desktop apps
– Responsive website design / development in WordPress
– Dynamic, interactive content for presentations & e-learning
– Helping to scope, plan and cost proposals for new business
We need someone who is creative, resourceful and has a good eye for detail. We would like you to be able to be capable of original design, but also be able to produce work to given design style guidelines if required.
The job will cover a wide range of skills so you need to be flexible, quick to learn and adaptable as any particular project evolves. We do a lot of bespoke development – so the ability to write original code as well as using existing libraries is important.
We’re a small team – but that means you can gain big experience. With us you’ll be working on a wide range of tasks, on a variety of projects, using a range of different technologies. Life will not be dull. We will challenge you to learn & grow, get involved in new things & push yourself. For this internship, you will need to . . .
– Be passionate about good design for UX and UI
– Enjoy writing clean, well commented code
– Enjoy working in a small team, relish seeing projects through from beginning to end & being involved in the whole process
– Be versatile & willing to learn new stuff – be quick and adaptable
– Have the self-motivation, initiative & discipline required to deliver your tasks on-time and on-spec
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
– Good standard of design skills
– Good ability with Photoshop / Illustrator etc.
– Good knowledge of HTML/CSS
– An understanding of responsive web design
NOT ESSENTIAL – BUT WILLING TO LEARN
– Knowledge of cross browser issues
– Any experience working with a CMS e.g. WordPress / Drupal
– CSS pre-processors (SASS preferred)
– Version control systems (Git preferred)
BREAD is an innovative & forward-thinking digital agency. We design & build high quality websites, web applications & mobile/tablet apps for a variety of business sectors. We have a solid track record & some fabulous clients.
We’re a friendly, approachable & flexible company. We don’t have any strict hierarchies. You’ll be part of a team that works closely together. We have a modern, comfortable, easy-to-reach office in Borough, near London Bridge, SE1 – a great upcoming area. We’re close to Borough Market, the Tate Modern, Bankside & The Southbank – and only 10 minutes into the West End.
Please see our agency website: http://breadcreative.com
Our app-based work (branded as Companyapp): http://companyapp.co.uk
We would ask that with your application you submit some examples of your work and explain your exact part in its production. If you are invited to interview you should be aware that we may ask you to sit a test. We may also ask for code examples.
Apply to: email@example.com