We’re working with an independent female-led branding agency, they are young and hungry they are the up-and-coming new kid on the block who keeps winning new and exciting clients.
They are passionate about championing the challenger brand and working with cutting-edge start-ups and established brands in the food & beverage, retail, and tech industries. However, for them, it’s less about the industry their clients work in and much more about building a trustworthy relationship with them, where there is space for unexpected solutions and ideas. They strive to create the best quality creative they possibly can for every client they work with, and every time they start a new project, they strive to improve. They don’t shy away from brave unexpected solutions and are always working on levelling up their game.
Leading with empathy, they welcome diversity in its truest sense looking to uplift and inspire their team, making sure everyone has a voice and is celebrated for their authentic selves. Having 100% trust in each other and their clients, they cultivate an environment where everyone is encouraged to speak up, ask stupid questions (they firmly believe there’s no such thing), and create space to let their inner child play.
As a small but mighty team, they are keen to welcome and embrace your individuality and ambitions, letting you grow with them. Being in a close-knit environment means you’d be working directly with decision-makers and business founders, but it’s far away from being a micromanaging environment. They want to hire ambitious thinkers with an entrepreneurial mindset and outstanding design sensibility who are excited by the prospect of elevating the studio’s creative output.
Having won plenty of new business, they’re now looking for an experienced brand designer who wants to be part of and help drive the growth they are experiencing. Your current title could be Midweight Designer, and you’re looking to make that next step into a Senior, or you could be an established Senior Designer, or you could even be looking to step into a Design Director role. What truly matters is your ability to think strategically, offer outstanding design solutions that respond to the brief, as well as understand the intricacies of presenting to clients and being a mentor to more junior members of the team. Ideally, you’d have a good amount of experience working with food & drink clients and have had decent experience working on packaging projects in the past; however, branding is where you truly shine.
There’s a healthy mix of studio and WFH time (spending 3 days in the studio, 2 working remotely), so there’s plenty of opportunity to collaborate in person as well as whip up some ideas being comfy at home in your pyjamas (if that’s your jam).
The Ideal Candidate
• You are brave and curious, creating original design work with the ability to both originate ideas and see them through to implementation.
• You most likely have 4+ years of experience working on the agency side.
• You have experience in Brand and Packaging. Some knowledge of digital design and motion space is a plus.
• You are confident in presenting your ideas internally and to clients.
• You are an intelligent learner who is open to constructive feedback, always looking for opportunities to refine and develop your craft.
• You’re able to understand and interpret the brief and consider brand strategy at the heart of your designs.
• You demonstrate conceptual and art direction ability and have a great sensibility for illustration, typography and copywriting.
• You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment balancing and managing your time.
• You have experience leading projects and mentoring more junior team members.
• You have excellent Adobe CC skills.
If this sounds exciting and you’d like to find out more please email firstname.lastname@example.org
(And please remember that if you don’t tick off every single box, it is always worth getting in touch anyway).
Please note this is a London-based role and not suitable for remote candidates, unfortunately.