We’re looking for a Product Design Lead with experience working across ecommerce and direct to consumer brands. In this role, you will drive all stages of the design process, taking problems and transforming them into intuitive, accessible, and beautiful design solutions that emotionally connect with our customers, whilst delivering against our customer experience objectives.
Day-to-day, you’ll work closely with our Ecommerce and Publishing product squad leads within the Technology team, but you’ll report to our Creative Director on design and content quality questions. Ultimately, you will be responsible for building up the product design discipline across Technology and Creative at Wonderbly.
As a true advocate for the customer, you leverage research and data when tackling problems, and you’re able to distil this into simple yet engaging and useful products and services to serve a wide variety of audiences. In other words, you bring an impressive level of experience in UX methodologies: interviewing, usability testing, user flows, competitive research, sketches, wireframes and prototypes. At the same time, you’ll have a natural urge to explore bigger and bolder ways to improve the experience.
Finally, you’ll bring ambitious standards to our design practice at Wonderbly, investing in systems, documentation and processes. Working closely with other leaders in the Creative and Technology teams, you’ll help shape a Design strategy and vision.
Expected skills and experience
- Great agile team player – experience working directly with engineers, analysts, designers and product managers to solicit design critique and communicate throughout a project’s lifecycle.
- Strong foundations in digital product design – able to link business goals and strategy to design guidelines and performance
- Great copywriting skills – comfortable writing for diverse user needs and across different experiences and surfaces
- Experienced researcher – confident working with modern digital workflows using tools like Figma for prototyping, writing interview scripts, interacting with users, and understanding + analysing user feedback
- Good understanding of ecommerce best practices and KPIs – able to draw on personal experience and wider industry knowledge to guide decision making on the role of design in ecommerce
- Bring consistency across all touchpoints – you’ll invest in design standards, documentation, and processes to further our design practice
- Good understanding of the role of visual content – happy to brief and give direct feedback to graphic designers, art directors and maybe motion designers
- Love for our category and brand – we want someone that loves books and creating personal, meaningful connections, and who connects deeply with our internal company values of courage, kindness and curiosity
- Time management skills – it goes without saying that your organisational skills will be the envy of all those around you